AFL GF *Spoilers* and After amtch reports.

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Honestly you guys would find something to whinge about anywhere! :roll: :lol: :wink:
It WAS a good game. You may not like AFL that much but bloody hell just because the kicking wasn't wonderful and didn't always go to whomever they wanted that doesn't make the whole damn game. The closeness of the scoreline wasan't it either, the contest of the ball was the exciting part, players putting their bodies on the line to get an advantage, any advantage, over the other team. Grand Finals aren't pretty anyway - they almost never are. :wink:
I'll agree to disagree with you but it won't change my opinion of the game - it was GREAT!! :D
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i enjoyed it, even though i was gunning for the eagles.
i actually found myself getting into it...
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Tigger wrote:That was one of the best Grand Finals in the past few years!!! :D
Mike - how can you whinge & bitch about the game - it was a bloody good one! :roll:
At least it wasn't a walkover.

The closeness was the only saveing grace. (don't make it a great game.)

This was a GF without any of the real slills that make AFL a great game.

There were hardly any real bumps (And I don't even means the vindictive (cheap shot) kinds) Heaps of ball ups heaps of smothers ('cause the players were in each others pockets.)
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And bugger all scoreing because thats the only way the swans can win ....

Stangling the opposition.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote:Honestly you guys would find something to whinge about anywhere! :roll: :lol: :wink:
It WAS a good game. You may not like AFL that much but bloody hell just because the kicking wasn't wonderful and didn't always go to whomever they wanted that doesn't make the whole damn game. The closeness of the scoreline wasan't it either, the contest of the ball was the exciting part, players putting their bodies on the line to get an advantage, any advantage, over the other team. Grand Finals aren't pretty anyway - they almost never are. :wink:
I'll agree to disagree with you but it won't change my opinion of the game - it was GREAT!! :D
Sorry but I can't go past the final score, Swans win = bad game.
Besides I do like AFL, many times throughout 2005 I professed to it being my favoured sport over League, I just do not like the team from Sydney.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well, I think you're both wrong :lol:
Can't believe you think like you do but - who the hell cares anyway - it's over now & Swans won. Yay! :lol: :lol:
I loved the game & all the contests & ball ups & crappy kicking & crappy marking & missed shots for goal!!! I also loved the great kicking & marking & shots for goal & hit outs & snap shots!!! It makes the heart beat faster & gets you on the edge of your seat when it's like that. :D
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike - how can you whinge & bitch about the game - it was a bloody good one! :roll:
I couldn't stand the thought of watching the AFL GF, too much dropped ball for my liking. Even the Bulldogs vs Roosters GF last year didn't have that much dropped ball!!!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

:P :P :P :P :P
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote:
I couldn't stand the thought of watching the AFL GF, too much dropped ball for my liking. Even the Bulldogs vs Roosters GF last year didn't have that much dropped ball!!!
:lol: LMAO! Good call :thumbright:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Sometimes I really wonder about you guys...... :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Saw a grand total of 1 minute of it. Dropped balls, knock ons, players can't hold on to the ball, gang strip, it's like playing hot potato all in one minute! Yeesh, how can people watch that much lack of skills over the entire game! :P

Oh and a ball is not there to be punched.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:Well, I think you're both wrong :lol:
Can't believe you think like you do but - who the hell cares anyway - it's over now & Swans won. Yay! :lol: :lol:
I loved the game & all the contests & ball ups & crappy kicking & crappy marking & missed shots for goal!!! I also loved the great kicking & marking & shots for goal & hit outs & snap shots!!! It makes the heart beat faster & gets you on the edge of your seat when it's like that. :D
I'm glad you liked it. :D

(It definatly ain't the game I played 15 years ago.)
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy and TS how do you guys survive living in Victoria with that opinion of AFL?
How do you ignore the hype of the media and your own acquaintances that support that code?

I need help because I don't know how I will survive the hype of the Swans through out the coming weeks and months. Until this point I could write the team off saying "such and such will beat them" and go on about the lack of success was but now I have nothing. :(
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Christabella wrote:Surandy and TS how do you guys survive living in Victoria with that opinion of AFL?
How do you ignore the hype of the media and your own acquaintances that support that code?

I need help because I don't know how I will survive the hype of the Swans through out the coming weeks and months. Until this point I could write the team off saying "such and such will beat them" and go on about the lack of success was but now I have nothing. :(
*Shrugs shoulders* Apart from an 18 month stint in Qld I've lived in Victoria since I was 16,(30+ years) & never once followed an AFL team or been to a game :wink:
Though I've worked in places where who you followed could bump you up the ladder,(or get you shafted), for me it's never been that big a deal :?
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think AFL is that much of a fixture in the peoples lives.

My wife went to the local China town saying that it'll be quiet due to the GF.

I laughed at that as 90% of them wouldn't eve know it is on LOL. :badgrin:

(They hand citizenship to anyone these days :lol:)