Wallabies

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

aussies killed em
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:shock: Your kidding me? At 38-nil I thought the Italians would come back to win.

More specifically, what was the score? ;)

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Final score was 69 - 21 (luckily Italy scored after half time, cos I was seriously in danger of falling asleep) and I have to say that not being a connoisseur of the Union game that it was the most boring match I've ever been to. :D
Really I'm sure that if you know the rules it's ok, but as I don't know why the keep kicking the bloody ball out of bounds all the damn time, it was pretty ordinary. :)
Also the crowd was pretty average 26,000 odd & they were not seeming to be really into the game on the whole. We noticed on the way out that the crowd were acting like we'd lost not won - very quiet & not at all like us 'normal' rowdy RL & AFL supporters. :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, at least they went down kicking. And it's Union, what'd you expect but an atmosphere like that? ;) :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

:faroah:
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Before the game I was expecting the Italians to be down by at least 30 by the end of the 1st half. I probably would've won something if I put that margin to TAB. 38-0 and then 67-21. :lol: :lol:

by the way, All Blacks vs Lions is 21-3 with 10 to go.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote:Final score was 69 - 21 (luckily Italy scored after half time, cos I was seriously in danger of falling asleep) and I have to say that not being a connoisseur of the Union game that it was the most boring match I've ever been to. :D
Really I'm sure that if you know the rules it's ok, but as I don't know why the keep kicking the bloody ball out of bounds all the damn time, it was pretty ordinary. :)
Also the crowd was pretty average 26,000 odd & they were not seeming to be really into the game on the whole. We noticed on the way out that the crowd were acting like we'd lost not won - very quiet & not at all like us 'normal' rowdy RL & AFL supporters. :lol:
The crowd was 26,520 and all I could think was "how can this game get this large a crowd and we get such shit crowds". That's in reference to numbers, as even with small numbers we have a much better crowd. The atmosphere was fairly non-existant. I can only assume that's because of Telstra Dome as I've only ever seen one game there with true atmosphere and that was the Storm game against the Broncos, when the seats had been moved in.

I like to think I have a basic understanding of the rules and tactics of Union but I found that game to be the most boring thing I've watched since............since..........since...........umm, I'll get back to you on that one, if I can actually think of something I've watched that was more boring.