Saints Appreciation Thread

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Saints Appreciation Thread

Go Saints.......

probably the worst club in the history of AFL

3 wins from 5 games.....

Might be a Storm Saints year this year. :lol: :lol:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Looks like you're on your own in here Mike :wink:
While the Saints do have class, I really can't see them winning a G/F this year.....maybe next year tho :)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As long as a Vic team makes the GF it's all good :lol: Brisbane last and Port struggling can only be good
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tigger wrote:Looks like you're on your own in here Mike :wink:
While the Saints do have class, I really can't see them winning a G/F this year.....maybe next year tho :)
AS I usually am. I generally Boldly go were no one else has gone before. :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
The_Flea
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Id just like to add one little thing here

GO YOU MIGHTY SAINTERS
BANG BANG

THE FLEA ALREADY TOLD YOU, THE FLEA FAMILY DOSENT WANT ANY STINKING COOKIES
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id would love to say a victorian will win this year but the way things are going looks like eagles could take the honors
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Getting to watch the number of games that I do, you'd think I'd be doing better in the AFL tips! But anyway - here's my mid year assessment of teams:

Adelaide: Powering along nicely. Should finish 4-6

Brisbane: Won in Perth tonight against dodgy Freo. Season not completely over but will struggle to make 8. Should finish 8-10

Carlton: The pain of draft penalties are hurting as much as the downturn in last years recycled players. Will struggle to make contests throughout season. Should finish 14-16 (probably 16) :(

Collingwood: Doesn't matter how much I hate them, they've improved. Players like Travis Cloke (the only Cloke worth having) will continue to bring a fight and tenacity to the team. Will probably finish 6-10

Essendon: Complete rebuilding phase. Struggling without a forward option, Hird is showing his age. Will compete with Carlton for spoon honours.

Fremantle: Frustrating. Hot one week, then not. Should be regular performers. May need another year, like Geelong of last year. Should finish 5-9

Geelong: Big improvers again, hit a minor hurdle past two weeks. Should remain steady and should look forward to a top 4 finish.

Hawks: Continue to show signs of life and yet play a style that racks up the possessions. Will have some very close losses, Should finish 13-16

Kangaroos: The Shinboner spirit is as wobbly as the Freo Shockers. Will depend on how much Laidley can fire them up and give them a "cause". Should finish 6-10

Melbourne: Continue to defy their yo-yo form. Could race out the year, or plummet like last year. Expect a 3-6 finish.

Power: Switched off. Few signs of desire, or spirit to perform. Depiste the 3.5 wins, will require some major attitude change to gain something from 05. Should finish 8-12

Richmond: Beyond belief. How a team finishes that low on the ladder, and then performs so well? Believe that without Nathan Brown, and with a dummy spitting Richo, their season could come to a sudden halt. Should finish 8-10

Saints: Severely lacking their polish and skill of last year. Perhaps Thomas has used all his tricks? No more movies to see? Will probably feature in the lower half of the 8.

Swans: Perhaps the most frustrating side to watch. Whether winning or losing, adopt a defensive tactic to slow the game down. Plays some of the ugliest footy. Could be resurrected after todays game against Carlton, where the coach decided to let their players attack more freely. Damned HIM!! Probably a 6-10 finish

West Coast: Despite being beaten by Carlton in the Wizard Cup, and now Collingwood, Eagles just survived a scare again against a depleted and woeful Richmond. Should continue to roll, and will prove their credentials with a crucial game against Melbourne at the MCG in 2 weeks. Will finish top 2.

Bulldogs: Showing sporadic signs of improvement, but not to the same intensity as Hawthorn. Will probably amble along for the second half of the year and finish 10-14.

As for Grand Final - I reckon the only real contenders are West Coast, Geelong, Adelaide and Melbourne
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Buzz you read far too much Mike Sheehan.

How can you really make predictions this year. Every week they change, except for the Eagles who look like they should make the GF.

Im never gonna get over the Tiges losing to them yesterday.. the most shattering loss this year! :(
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote: Saints: Severely lacking their polish and skill of last year. Perhaps Thomas has used all his tricks? No more movies to see? Will probably feature in the lower half of the 8.
Might not even make the 8 :(
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

And to prove my original line:
you'd think I'd be doing better in the AFL tips!
I ended up with 3 from 8. I may watch a lot of games (and perhaps like Mike Sheahan), talk about a lot of games - but not actually KNOW anything! :D
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

lol buzz, your not alone, i think i only got 3 aswell.......
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

GO St HELENS!!!!

Hey Ricardo, were you on SEN around lunchtime today talking about the Saints.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
endike
Squall
Squall

I clicked on to this site because I thought it was about St Helens ,anyone remember Tommy Bishop
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

If it was about St. Helens it would be in the NRL and Rugby League Worldwide wouldn't it? :wink:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It can be in the Dribble bar, because we might be talking about the town!!!.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND