Super Bowl XXXIX

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

First playoffs this w/e

So whose your tip to win it all? :?:

I'll go with Pittsburgh 38 def Atlanta 35

Although i would LOVE to see my team denver get far, i think we will beat the colts this weekend.. but after that, who knows! :lol:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pittsburgh will be hard to beat, although as my team Tennessee did no good this year, I'll look at the playoffs and go for an underdog... I must say I like Atlanta as the underdog from this season. Did Arizona end up making the playoffs? If so, I'll go for them
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

What date is the Super Bowl on this year?

Looks like I'll have to watch the cut to shreds replay that night due to having to work. Only the second time in over 10 years that I will miss the live telecast.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm still trying to understand the game despite watching it every chance I got on FoxSports.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thanks for replying, was hoping a few people were into the nfl.. 8)

The cards didnt make it, but it wasnt for the lack of trying though, sure did alright considering there slow start (and lack of overall talent.. :lol: )

The Superbowl will be played on the Sunday, February 6th at Alltel Stadium, Jacksonville.
Theres no way that i'll be missing it!!!! In some way i carnt wait for it, but then i know i have a looong wait till the start of the new season.
It does help that just as the nfl season comes to a close, the nrl season starts up :D

Heres the fixture for the Wildcard weekend and then the Divisional Playoffs (followed by Conference Championships and then obviously the SUPERBOWL!)

Wild Card Weekend

Saturday, January 8
St. Louis (8-8) at Seattle (9-7)
N.Y. Jets (10-6) at San Diego (12-4)

Sunday, January 9
Denver (10-6) at Indianapolis (12-4) (GO DENVER!! :D :lol:)
Minnesota (8-8) at Green Bay (10-6)

Divisional Playoffs

Saturday, January 15
San Diego, N.Y. Jets or Denver at Pittsburgh (15-1)
Green Bay, Seattle or St. Louis at Atlanta (11-5)

Sunday, January 16
Seattle, St. Louis or Minnesota at Philadelphia (13-3)
Indianapolis, San Diego or N.Y. Jets at New England (14-2)

-------------
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thunderstruck, look at this link, might help you understand the game a bit better :lol:

http://img11.exs.cx/img11/8655/svideo01022241112sx.gif

Takes a while to load, well it did for me, but its worth it. MEET JOHN LYNCH, HARDEST HITTER IN THE NFL :twisted:
Last edited by cam on Wed Jan 05, 2005 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

cam wrote:Thanks for replying, was hoping a few people were into the nfl.. 8)
I'm not that into NFL, since it left FTA TV I've only watched Super Bowl and that's it.

I nearly missed watching it live last year as they moved it back one week. It used to always be the last Monday in January (Melbourne time), I'm guessing that it's now on the first Monday of February every year. Bugger!!! If only I knew that a week ago, I could've got the day off work, I think it's too late for me to organise that now.

I went to the occasional Geelong Wildcats game in 1993 and 94. Haven't been to a game since then.
cam
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy, it is a shame its not the last week of january, i guess the NFL dont want to have a playoff game before new years..
Lucky for me i got Pay-tv, wouldnt survive not being able to see the nfl regualar season games.. even if SBS still had that 30minute highlight show each week it would still be enough.. don lane needs to get back into it.
Geelong Wildcats arnt around anymore i dont think (well in juniors.. maybe their senior team is still going..) but gridiron in victoria is still live and kicking, http://www.thebear.com.au is the best site for information on all that.

I love this time of year :wink: :wink:
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Jets in the playoffs, imagine that! well, no need really, they already are :lol:
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Go Green BAy Packers :D
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

cam wrote:Geelong Wildcats arnt around anymore i dont think (well in juniors.. maybe their senior team is still going..) but gridiron in victoria is still live and kicking, http://www.thebear.com.au is the best site for information on all that.

I love this time of year :wink: :wink:
I hate this time of year, too long since last NRL season finished, too long til the next season starts. Cricket, Superbowl & World Club Challenge are just fill-ins for me. :wink:

In 2004 I was told that the Geelong Wildcats are still around but not fielding a team at the moment in the seniors. Geelong Buccaneers (or some such name) are playing instead but I won't have anything to do with them as they appear to have some affiliation with Deakin Uni. I hate any team affiliated with the name Deakin as a result of Deakin Athletic Club which started in Geelong in the late 80's. Two wankers from Deakin AC tried suing my brother for defamation, long story and totally unfounded, but it has tarred any team with the name Deakin in it for me.

Note of interest: The home ground for the Geelong Wildcats is the same field that the Geelong Tiger Snakes will be using in 2005 in the MRL competition.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Excellent stuff!!! I had a word to my boss today and he's given me the okay to swap my RDO from the Friday to the Monday so that I can watch the Superbowl.

What a weekend that will be! The World Club Challenge between the Bulldogs and the Rhinos on the Sunday morning, then the Superbowl on the Monday morning!!!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

what did you tell your boss?
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:what did you tell your boss?
I asked if I could swap my RDO from Friday 4th of Feb to Monday 7th as the Superbowl is on. He gave it some thought and then said yes. It was easier than I expected, I thought from a planning perspective that I was at least a week too late to ask.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:what did you tell your boss?
I have the day off for the Super Bowl every year. (One day, oh happy day, the Bengals will make it. :shock: )

Some years ago I told my boss I was taking the day off.
"How come?" she enquired.
"Religious holiday!" said I.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes....then said in her best Aretha Franklin voice, "Boy, I know you ain't got religion!"

"Religious holiday" has now become my usual excuse for that Monday. 8)
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately