Since this is a MELBOURNE Storm forum....

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

When I was Young (
Oh No here he goes again) They used to play AFL like they play RL now. Then that was a great game.

Now I watch it (once in a blue moon) and all the players and fans seem frustrated souls.It is to much Like Basketball with tiggy touch frees.... To give an example players chesting one another -Happens all the time - 15 to 20 years ago they'd be called a poof and flattened the next time they get near the ball.

I used to follow the Saints. I know they are in for a good year but I'm not excited for 'em.

Go Storm!!!!!!

GO Storm !!!!! Image
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

well i dont like afl at all..but i do live in nsw so its ok...
but if u live in melbourne and dont follow afl its ok,..there are no laws sayin u have to!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Every time around the AFL Grand Final - a sad sop of a group raises they're pitiful heads. They're called the Anti-Football League.

The thing about Melbourne Storm that we have to remember is that we live in AFL territory - and our greatest growth market is going to be from AFL supporters as we widen their appetites for sport other than aussie rules.

I've always felt that alienating the AFL supporters is just strangling our own market - I personally don't want to be in a position where I have to make a choice between the two (although work options might make that choice for me!).
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormer2004 wrote:well i dont like afl at all..but i do live in nsw so its ok...
but if u live in melbourne and dont follow afl its ok,..there are no laws sayin u have to!
Well this is a disgrace, I will be on the phone to Bracksy tomorrow morning demanding the implementation of laws making it compulsary to support AFL. This is not 'ok'!!!!! :x
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Buzz wrote:Every time around the AFL Grand Final - a sad sop of a group raises they're pitiful heads. They're called the Anti-Football League.

The thing about Melbourne Storm that we have to remember is that we live in AFL territory - and our greatest growth market is going to be from AFL supporters as we widen their appetites for sport other than aussie rules.

I've always felt that alienating the AFL supporters is just strangling our own market - I personally don't want to be in a position where I have to make a choice between the two (although work options might make that choice for me!).
YES EXACTLY!!! Excellent post Buzz! 8)
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'll start watching when they outlaw the knock-on & the forward pass :lol:
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NZ Storm wrote:I'll start watching when they outlaw the knock-on & the forward pass :lol:
Many AFL supporters say something similar about Rugby League in that they should stop kicking the ball out on the full! :P
NZ Storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Nah that's rugby union :P

kick :roll: clap :roll: kick :roll: clap :roll:
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

NZ Storm wrote:Nah that's rugby union :P

Yeah but they wouldn't know the difference would they? :lol:
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Lucas wrote:
NZ Storm wrote:Nah that's rugby union :P

Yeah but they wouldn't know the difference would they? :lol:
Too true :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

GO Storm !!!!! Image
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Joel Caine number 1 fan
Squall
Squall

ive tried too get into to afl i was a saints member in 02 (birthday present i actually supported the hawks :P) but i gotta admit i was so bored even when it got close

its probley harder for me since i spent 19 of my 22 years in NSW and have been a balmain/wests tigers supporter since 1987(and i wear my tigers jesery everywhere i go including work :P)
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I KNOW YOU!!! I just forgot your name... :oops:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
AAS
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am a Bomber Supporter. I lost interest because of Waverly being sold and still think that is a disgusting choice to demoslish nearly all of it.

That what you you get for putting a Slimy Assed South Aussie in TOP DOG role at the AFL.

He killed AFL in the EASTERN And South East suburbs of melbourne.
DEAR STORMWARING(C), PLEASE LEAVE!!!

THANKS FROM THE AASHOLE OF THE BAI STAND
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As a Queenslander with a Victorian spouse, I can vouch that the arguments over the merits of the two games does take up a substantial part of our time.

The arguements continue along much the same lines as already discussed. Who are the toughest, who are the fittest, who are the most skilled etc.

The result is always the same. 'Move back to the bloody state if you miss it so much.'

Due to his dislike of miserable cold weather we have compromised. He plays rugby now. I don't like it, but not as much as I dislike AFL.
*Champagne football*
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote:...there must be some avid Aussie Rules fans out there!

I live in Melbourne and AFL (the Kangaroos) is my no. 1 priority which means I don't see as much of the Storm as I would like (the fact that I don't have Foxtel and Channel 9 being morons also contributes to this).

Anyone else follow the AFL, and more importantly, the Kangaroos??
Don't live in Melbourne, don't support the Storm (unless they are playing someone evil like the Roosters or Eels ect.) .... but I do follow the Roos! ... one out of 3 ain't bad surely?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]