Supporters touch day

Storm League - the Victorian version of OzTag. Discussions for the summer season, or on OzTag in schools
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Has anyone heard of the supporter touch footy day that's being run in sydney in November.  All supporters groups from the different NRL clubs enter a team for a social round robin competition. Found this on the Titans forums -

So far we've had Eels, Raiders, Sharks, Dogs, Knights, Dragons, Tigers, Panthers, Roosters and Manly make appearances and a new team would be sweet. Broncos seem interested, too.

Just a few bits of info:

*It's about fun, folks. Don't take it too seriously. I usually spend most of my day having a few cold ones.

*Handicaps - kids, blokes over 35-ish, chicks and, um, larger fans all count as handicaps. You need to meet a quota of approximately 50% of your team. Team size is 14 max.

*Trophies. We play for two (we sometimes have 2 days during the offseason). The Kotronakis Cup is in recognition of two fans lost in Bali and the Laurie Nichols Shield is in recognition of the most legendary fan of all time.

*Cost - I often ask for a few bucks per person to cover BBQ, witches hats etc. Depends how much it costs me.

I'm just not sure how many we have based in Sydney or that would make the trip.  But the Titans and Broncos supporter groups appear to be organising a team.
*Champagne football*
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I'm sure we'd have a teams worth of people already in Sydney, wouldn't we??
The GF stuff has tapped our lot out of contention for it & I'd only be a spectator anyway cos I don't like any form of exercise  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
crouching_tiger
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Tigger wrote: I'm sure we'd have a teams worth of people already in Sydney, wouldn't we??
The GF stuff has tapped our lot out of contention for it & I'd only be a spectator anyway cos I don't like any form of exercise  ;-)
It was good to meet you all at Telstra last night Tigger. I coach/play in a team in this tournament. Would be good to see a Melbourne contingent get a team together.