Storm League TONIGHT!

Storm League - the Victorian version of OzTag. Discussions for the summer season, or on OzTag in schools
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Tonight is our second "Come and Try" night. If you've ever had a desire to find out what Storm League is - and maybe even take the field - tonight is the night!

Play starts at 6pm on Gosh's Paddock (cnr Swan and Punt Rds - or the cricket oval next to the paddock), and is open for everyone to try!

Season proper starts on the 15th of January - but come along tonight and find out why Storm League is one of the fastest growing non-contact sports in Australia!
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

"Non contact" I hear you say Buzz.
(I've heard otherwise on occasions - hmmm, with you and Rabble!)

Good luck tonight, I'd rather be playing in the wet, than in the scorching heat, that's for sure.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Much better in the cooler conditions certainly!

It is a non-contact sport... just every now and then, Rabble and I decide to non-contact each other head on! :)

For those interested - below is a current radar image of rainfall in Melbourne:

Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Oh, and also - can we have a match report too.

(Perhaps the weather will mean less ppl at the bbq's.)
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Wow - I just noticed that the image link I gave is actually updating! It's now showing the current weather radar image! How cool!

It appears that some were frightened off by the rain tonight - only just got the minimum 16 to play (8 a side). We played the majority of the game in brilliant sunshine. The teams were the Camberwell something-or-others (they kept changing their name - ask Rick!) and the Squirrels (in the most part with the addition of Jake, Phillip and Robert).

The game started off in slashing style, and continued at that pace most. Squirrels scored the first try, followed by the C.S.O.O's piling on a few quick ones. It was during the second half of the first half (2nd quarter) that the Squirrels kicked into action, and out-scored the C.S.O.O's.

The second half went similarly, with the Squirrels coming out triumphant by at least one try.

A good game despite the somewhat soggy field in sections, and the fewer numbers.

With a bit of luck, we'll be actually playing on Gosch's Paddock next year (once they've finished the drainage system).

Although I'll be reminding everyone closer to the day - season commences on the 15th of January. If you can only make one or two games, that's fine - we're sure you'll enjoy the experience!

Also - a reminder - insurance and referees costs are $5 per game starting January 15th.
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Good Show Old Chaps (and ladies)
The Squirrells come thru again!
(That'll teach Rick to form a rebel team of his own)

Were the bbq's as crowded this week?
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

rick formed a rebel team? :lol: :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Yes - Rick's rebel team is made up of cronies from his Camberwell High days I think... evil that they are (and all young and fit) we still beat them! :)
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

G'day All,

I hope the Storm League went well this evening. I couldn't make it because I have been holidaying in Lorne, but I will be there and ready to run you off the field next time round. By the way, when will we next play? I'm assuming that nothing is organised for the week of Christmas, but if it involves running around with a footy I'll be there...

Billy Bob
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

That's right Billy-Bob - we're in the xmas / new years break now. We recommence on Thursday the 15th of January with proper games.

Hope to see you then!