Summer Season

Storm League - the Victorian version of OzTag. Discussions for the summer season, or on OzTag in schools
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

The summer season will hopefully be underway soon. That is if we can get in contact with Boycie!

If you're interested in having a go at Storm League this summer - why not post your yays here! :)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ME! ME! ME!

Come on Boycie, whats happening? You started something 2 years ago, ya can't ditch us now, you're stuck with us. :P
drunkstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yay for me too!! I'll definetly be in it, providing Boycie get's it organised :)

they've got signs up at work advertising a touch rugby season, but I think the guys here play seriously, so we'd possibly be out of our league....
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Excuse my ignorance, but I have no idea what all this is about. Any explanations would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers. :wink:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Storm league is the Victorian version of OzTag - it's a non-contact version of rugby league where you wear velcro tags on each side of your hip. It's a lot of fun, and we usually slip in a BBQ after each game!

We're waiting for details on this season so we can start up! :)

Check out the OzTag website for details! http://www.tagsports.com.au/oztag/index.html
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cheers, sounds good!! Living in Melbourne and formerly going to schools that didn't offer league, it is difficult for me to play any league at all.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well you're welcome to come along once the season starts - details will be pasted here when known!
Smacka (C)
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

C'mon Buzz - keep the pressure on Boycie!
drunkstorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm not getting impatient :)

I reckon we should just get our own version happening. (although, I gotta admit, we had enough trouble fielding A team at some games last year...)

:D
storm007
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Where in Melbourne is it played.
Is the side mixed or girls and boys teams?
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

The first season we played on a field in Hawthorn, last season was at Gosh's Paddock (cnr Punt and Swan) just down from OP. Not sure of a venue for this season, as Gosh's was ripped up for waterworks. Might be able to fit a reduced (80m) field in tho! Starting time is usually 6pm.

The games are mixed everything, mixed sexes, mixed ages, and definitely mixed abilities! :)

I'll be dropping into the Storm office tomorrow and hopefully I can corner Boycie and get some news for everyone!
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I played oztag a few year back...... in the 16's and then opens last year......Touch footy is so much better..... I played for Sydney East rep team in 2003..... I wish I lived in Melbourne :(
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Definately worth a true for those who haven't played before. I hope to return to the fold this season depending on work situation.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'll be overseas again this entire summer so for the 4th season in a row i'm missing oztag :(
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't play Oz Tag but i play touch down at Elwood park on a sunday morning. I love it and our team dominates our section of the comp but only cause we got 2 guys in the team who spent time playin up at Brisbane Norths trying out for the storm development squad and they are fast as.

2 years ago the Storm office had a team that played at Elwood park every Wednesday night, and Craig Bellamy was in it and so was a couple of the trainers. The team was ok and they came 4th out of 9 teams.