Maroondah Magpies Seniors

Storm League - the Victorian version of OzTag. Discussions for the summer season, or on OzTag in schools
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anybody know about the seniors club getting started? i have been bugging the VRL and MRL to tell me something and they said "wait til closer to the season" and i emailed them and they haven't emailed back? Anyone hear anything? And when does the local season start?
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think the season starts in April this year due to there being a couple of new teams in the comp.
StormBrad
Squall
Squall

yeh mate im interested as i live in bayswater north, i went to the maroondah festival yesterday and the VRL had a tent all about the club, training has already started apparently at ferntree gully recreation reserve, i think thursday they are training but not too sure...ive got a mate on the commitee and they have decided on the jersey and shorts
The Premiers of 2005 are - Melbourne Storm
leaguekids
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Contact len mason he is coaching the seniors at Maroondah Magpies at the vrl on 9818 5026 I know that the Junior season starts on the 23rd of april not sure if seniors will start on the same weekend. Senior games will be played on Sunday's.

Hope this helps
cougar
Squall
Squall

Senior comp starts 24th April, but pre-season is 3rd April @ Fregon Reserve, Waverley & then a fortnight later (17th) at Altona. The 10th is set aside for City v Country....
yakstorm
Squall
Squall

Adrian Grace is the manager/coach of the senior side, his mobile number is 0403 137 289

Also Len Mason's email address is len.mason@bigpond.com.au if your interested.
[url=http://"http://www.kangarooarmy.com"][img]http://www.kangarooarmy.com/bay331.gif[/img][/url]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks yakstorm! Fired off an email to Len just then...told him i knew i was late but if he was interested in picking up some players mid-season then I'd be in for all money....hopefully hear something back this time!

Think you'll find Adrian Grace is a player as well, his name was on the scoresheet in the Sun today or Monday?
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:Think you'll find Adrian Grace is a player as well, his name was on the scoresheet in the Sun today or Monday?
They had the results in the paper?!?!?

How is the Magpies' player that got knocked out late in the game?
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

StormBrad wrote:yeh mate im interested as i live in bayswater north, i went to the maroondah festival yesterday and the VRL had a tent all about the club, training has already started apparently at ferntree gully recreation reserve, i think thursday they are training but not too sure...ive got a mate on the commitee and they have decided on the jersey and shorts
what do the jerseys look like? Love the Geelong ones....Cowboys rip offs :P
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

The Maroondah Magpies jerseys look quite good, very professional. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of them to post on here.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Think you'll find Adrian Grace is a player as well, his name was on the scoresheet in the Sun today or Monday?
They had the results in the paper?!?!?

How is the Magpies' player that got knocked out late in the game?
Just had the results of the pre-season challenge in the results page of the Errant-Scum so no reports as such. Dunno anything else about the game aside from we (I say we cos I'm a maroondah resident :P ) ran 5th in the comp! What happened to the boke who got KO'd? I've been knocked out before and its very surreal. Back when I was 16 and playing yawnywan I took a ball from a line ot and next thing I know I'm on my back!

Did you happen to see what the Maroondah team numbers were like? I said if they were struggling to field a side I'd play and even though I couldnt make Thursday training I'd happily come off the bench. I'm gettin itchy feet big time!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:The Maroondah Magpies jerseys look quite good, very professional. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of them to post on here.
Errrr.....a description maybe? The VRL site says Len Mason works for the ARL and pretty much set the club up. I expect it to be quite the professional setup down there!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:
Surandy wrote:The Maroondah Magpies jerseys look quite good, very professional. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of them to post on here.
Errrr.....a description maybe? The VRL site says Len Mason works for the ARL and pretty much set the club up. I expect it to be quite the professional setup down there!
I'm no good at descriptions, so here's the only photo that I took that shows much of anything of the Maroondah Magpies jersey. The guy on the left is wearing the jersey, the front has a large magpie logo.

http://www.stormleague.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=139
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

The one with the back to us or the one with the plain NQ Cowboys jersey?
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:The one with the back to us or the one with the plain NQ Cowboys jersey?
Given than I keep hearing about the Geelong Tiger-Cowboys I'd say the one with his back to the shot. Besides Surandy did say there was a magpie on the front.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]