Oztag is relocating and other promising news

Storm League - the Victorian version of OzTag. Discussions for the summer season, or on OzTag in schools
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

I have just had a very promising meeting with one of the PE teachers at South Oakleigh Secondary College, Mr Mulligan. He is a huge League fan, and is as zealous as I am about getting Oztag going; at one stage we seemed to be competing with each other for superlative descriptions of the game. He has promised to provide tags, balls, and field markings for the games and wants to run it as often as possible. He has secured us the oval at the college for use during the evenings, and has already starting informing the pupils of the move.

Therefore, tuesday evening Oztag is moving to the soccer field at South Oakleigh Secondary College, which is on the corner of Bakers and Centre Roads in South Oakleigh - http://www.yellowpages.com.au/onlineSol ... Nbr=&st=bn

This move might turn out to be the best thing for Oztag in this state, but for now it means that anyone who can make it to Oakleigh South is invited to join in!
Oztag shall no longer be played at Namatjira Park Reserve, but that shouldn't be a problem for the regulars, because the school is one block west of the park.
Remember, everyone - even the older players - may still play, and with some of the bigger kids around maybe some of the adults will have to watch out...

I will head to the school on Monday at 12:00 to organise an exhibition game, which will be advertised over the next couple of days, so by the time we play the eight-a-side demonstration, we should have a bit of a crowd.

If you can make it, do come, if not - be there for Tuesday!

To wrap it up, the following two events will take place at South Oakleigh Secondary College on these coming days:

Monday the 14th of February at 12:30 - the exhibition oztag game.
Tuesday the 15th of February at 18:30 - the regular all-are-welcome oztag run-around.

See you there!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Well done Billy Bob! Now I just have to make sure that work doesn't get in the way! I promise I'll come back soon! ;)
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

and here I was hoping the game was to return to Goschs Paddock. :(
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Same here TS
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

Well I'm glad that you can think beyond the convenience of the trip to Gosch's paddock. In the meantime, people who actually give a damn will be playing oztag.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Actually, the location isn't a great one for those who rely on public transport. I don't think you can question whether someone gives a damn about playing oztag when it would probably take a couple of hours each way to get there. Knowing both Thunderstruck and Rabble - their desire to play is genuine (having started play 4 years ago). Position of play makes is hard for them.
Billy-Bob
Squall
Squall

For the same effort of airing their disappointment, people that find it difficult to get to this part of Melbourne can get in touch with me - as I've written up here about half a dozen times before.

TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO PLAY OZTAG AND FINDS IT DIFFICULT TO GET TO THE GAME:

I've said this I-don't-know-how-many-times before, I have a car and I am willing to give people lifts: if you can make it down the Pakenham-Cranbourne line on a Tuesday arvo, I can get you to the game. To get in touch send me a private message and I'll give you my contact details. As for Gosch's Paddock: it's not going to happen unless a dozen other oztag enthusiasts appear out of the blue, so don't get your hopes up.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

that's funny because we used to play at gosch's and it was very popular. :roll: oh yeah, the current oztag season has been played somewhere near clayton so it's just way too far for me to play a game each week and IIRC, it was zone 2, as buzz said, i'm crazy about the game but believe it or not, transport costs and time do matter much to me. the park near the kooyong tennis center where we played before wasn't bad either.

you guys go have fun.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

As Much as I Loved playing OzTag in the past I can't afford to pay for a Zone 1+2 ticket to travel all that way. Even the oval in Hawthorn where it all began would be a better option. Oh well guess I'll just have to stick to not playing it anymore until it is in a viable area for myself and others to travel too.
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?