RLWC qualification

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So based on the teams above there is one current Storm player (Fonua) (still counting him as he was a Storm player in 2015) and one ex-Storm player (Manu) in the Tongan team and there are two current Storm players (Nicoll-Klokstad and Teroi) and as far as I know two ex-Storm players (Baker and Rueben Rennie) in the Cook Islands team. I know Drury Low played some junior rugby league in Victoria but don't think he was ever involved in the Storm. Someone can correct me if I am wrong and also happy for someone to add any ex-Storm players I have missed.

The match will be live streamed on NRL website on Saturday night from 7:25pm
http://www.nrl.com/live-stream-tonga-v- ... fault.aspx

Unfortunately I have something on on Saturday night and wont be able to watch it. If someone else watches it can they report back please? I hope we will be able to watch a replay even if we can't watch it live.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lebanon has named a 20 man squad for RLWC qualifiers v South Africa. Travis Robinson has been named.
http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/115 ... ng-lebanon

14th October 2015
Parramatta Eels star Reece Robinson and his brother, Melbourne Storm three-quarter Travis, have been named by Lebanon coach Darren Maroon in the Cedars’ 20-man squad that will jet off to Pretoria on Monday to play in the sport’s first-ever Middle East Africa World Cup qualifier.

Both last played for Lebanon in 2009 and look set to be part of a speedy backline that also features Newtown full-back Daniel Abou-Sleiman and which will be guided by halves James Boustani and Mark Daoud.

Lebanon, which has missed out on the last two World Cups in 2008 and 2013 on points difference, is determined to replicate their presence at the 2000 tournament and Maroon will rely on a tried and tested forward pack, including the likes of veterans Chris Saab and Ray Moujalli.

The squad has been given a rousing message by Canterbury Bulldogs director Arthur Coorey, who was born in Kfarsghab, north Lebanon, and whose son Richard debuted for Lebanon in the front row against Malta in May.

“Play tough, hard and an uncompromising style of football,” said Coorey. “Remember that Lebanese men are gladiators, we play till the end. Play well and the doors of opportunity will open for you.”

Pictured (from left): Travis and Reece Robinson.
Photo credit: News Ltd

LEBANON 20-MAN SQUAD
Mark Daoud (Asquith Magpies), Jamie Clark, Richard Coorey, Ead Kassem, Elias Sukkar (Auburn Warriors), Chris Saab (Guildford Owls), James Boustani (Hills), Ray Finan, Robin Hachache, (Immortals RLFC), Travis Robinson (Melbourne Storm), James Elias (Newcastle Knights), Daniel Abou-Sleiman, Ahmed Ellaz, Tarek El Masri, Ray Moujalli (Newtown Jets), Reece Robinson (Parramatta Eels), Nick Kassis, Mitchell Mamary (Wentworthville Magpies), Wael Harb (Wolves FC), Adham El Zbaidieh (Unattached)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

South Africa has also named a 20 man squad
http://www.rlef.eu.com/news/article/114 ... -man-world

13th October 2015
Following their historic 24-20 win over the British Amateur Rugby League Association tourists last weekend at Grizzley Park, Pretoria, South Africa head coach Brian Greige has named his 20-man squad for the two 2017 World Cup qualifiers against Lebanon later this month.

“What a journey we have ahead,” said Greige. “Our hard fought win against BARLA, which was the first in 48 years, tells me that the squad selection process with director of the Rhinos Hendrik Mulder, is moving us in the right direction. We discussed how we can challenge such a great side as Lebanon and we have found more generals who have the vision, knowledge and capability to make something from nothing."

Greige added, “The experience of the heritage players and those who have been in the national side for a number of years also helps to take us where we need to be. The depth in the Rhinos is now coming of age and we have players who will be a part of the future squads, our development process is now in full circle from schools through academy's to clubs and provincial sides. We are the underdogs for these two matches in Pretoria, but that’s how we like it!”

Players from 10 clubs, six of them in South Africa, are represented in the squad.

SOUTH AFRICA 20-MAN SQUAD
Jaice Terblanche (Barberton Bulldogs RLC), Marcell Viljoen, Rudolph Prinsloo, Theo Rhodes (Bears RLC), Shuab Samaai (Cape Town Hyenas RLC), Jason King (Emerald Tigers QRL), Deon Kramer, Jean Coetzer, Jean Pierre Nel (Harlequins RLC), Louis Musson (Parramatta RL NSWRL), Bradley Williams, Halvor Harris (Perth RL), Shane Gillham (Titans RL QRL), Christo Louw, Dwayne Botma, Johan Joubert, Nardus Raubenheimer, Ruaan Du Preez, Rupert Wells (UP-Tuks RLC), Gideon Mzembe (Wynnum Manly QRL)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reece Robinson has left the NRL to go to Super Rugby, signing with the NSW Waratahs. I assume he will still play in RLWC qualifiers for Lebanon. He has signed a two year deal. So could potentially play two years for Waratahs and then play for Lebanon at RLWC if they qualify.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Vincent Rennie played NYC for us too
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cook islands vs tonga starting now
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

chanze get the first cookie try 4-0
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tufua try tonga try 4-4 all ktc
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4-6 to tonga
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

great defence from the cookies
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

try to the cookies 8-6 ktc
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if the cookies are to win they will need all the trys they can get cause their conversions have been S**T
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mahe fonua gets a try tonga take the lead 8-10 ktc
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

conversion successful 8-12 to tonga
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good first half