Matthew Lodge

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2015 ... tatem.html

Wests Tigers can confirm that Matthew Lodge has been charged by the NSW Police following an altercation in the early hours of Sunday 11 January 2015.

The Club finds Lodge’s actions unacceptable and is cooperating fully with the NRL Integrity Unit.

Lodge was stood down from training for one week due to a breach of Club protocol and further punishment will be considered once the NRL Integrity Unit has concluded investigating the matter.

Wests Tigers will make no further comment at this time.
As discussed at the time we left the Storm I think we may have dodged a bullet there.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Again.....oh well not our loss
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Matthew Lodge has been involved in another incident. He has been stood down by Wests Tigers until Tigers and NRL Integrity Unit receive all the facts.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh god...Lodgey will just not learn...he will either be in jail or in the UK playing before he is 22
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

several domestic assault charges. Hes gone down the road of Packer quickly! promising forward but no braincells. Goodbye Lodge the game wont miss you.

Hes always been destined to become a has-been due to his poor attitude and the fact that he fails to recognise that he is a public figure and a role model whether he likes it or not
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've seen bricks with higher IQs
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not dis-similar charges to SKD. Massively different response by his club though.
I guess the difference is if you are a big name you don't get stood down, you are admitted to hospital with "stress related issues" and supported by your team.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think SKD may have a bit better rep too somehow (not defending anyone or saying he's innocent or anything like that) - Lodge has a long history of being an obnoxious cretin and that is always going to lead you to being judged more harshly.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently he's debunked that rumor about wanting to fight bellamy. Trying to save face perhaps?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy would've kicked his a*** and he knows it lol.