Are rugby league administrators cretins?

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Recently, someone wanted to write a new joke involving a village idiot, a slack-jawed yokel and a Rugby League Administrator. The village idiot and the slack-jawed yokel were offended that they were being mentioned in the same sentence so it didn't get off the ground.

Which begs the question, are rugby league administrators bona fide cretins? Correct me if I'm wrong, but, I have repeatedly heard that this is the digital age. If I want to, I could join up to all kinds of social media (facebook, twitter etc) and find out what random teenagers from all over the globe had for breakfast yesterday. I can find out celebrity opinions on anything, most of which they have no true knowledge of. But, if I want to find out something as simple as the teams and scorers from rugby league internationals, you know, games played between countries, the most effective system I have yet discovered is to ask Scooter if he's come across it on social media somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, Scooter does an amazing job of updating this forum with all of that information and I appreciate the efforts greatly. But, it should not be the most effective system.

So back to my original question. Is the game being run by morons with IQs so low that they would qualify for assistance funding if they were in the classroom? I have to ask, because I simply cannot understand why, in this so-called digital age, there is not even a website that live streams every game of rugby league at international, NRL, Super League, Championship 1, NSW Cup, Qld Cup, Ron Massey Cup and NYC level.

In fact, right there, you have 8 NRL games (16 hours), 7 Super league games (14 hours), 8 NYC Games (16 hours), 6 NSW Cup games (12 hours), 6 Qld Cup games (12 hours), 6 Championship 1 games (12 hours) and 6 Ron Massey Cup Games (12 hours) for at least 94 hours of live footage per week and even allowing for multiple games being played at the same time, you still have half a 24 hour channel's worth of programming jumping out at you without trying!

I'm sure it would not be that difficult to also stream internationals such as the weekends matches featuring such quality nations as Fiji, PNG, Tonga and Lebanon (all overflowing with NRL talent).

I, for one would sign up to such a service to be able to watch live and archived games online or on a dedicated channel a la Fox Footy. And when you consider the fan base of Qld Cup sides, where that competition is supposedly not far behind the NRL in support due to the lack of Qld based NRL games each weekend, you would surely be able to sell subscriptions in Queensland. Not to mention, the so-called heartland of New South Wales.

So why have the cretins not acted yet? The idiot and the yokel keep asking me and I don't have an answer...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Standing ovation ... Mattpoet I have similar thoughts. The RLIF website should at the least have a list of all forthcoming matches and then have a report on each match including teams and scorers. They should also live stream matches if TV networks are not interested. Credit should go to the RLEF (European Federation) website they are pretty good with having reports, team lists and scorers on European matches.

Given Fox Sports coverage of NRL, the Pacific Test, NSW Cup and replays of Qld Cup matches during the season I was surprised they didn't at the least telecast Fiji v Lebanon from Remondis Stadium.

I said to friends the other day one of the best things about the internet is live streaming particularly for non-main stream sporting events and that I had watched a number of minor rugby league internationals and Qld Cup games as well as the Australian Ice Hockey Grand Final and a couple of National Rugby Championship matches on live stream.

Given the PNG v PMs XII and PNG v Tonga were telecast in PNG that should have been easy for Fox to pick up or for it to be streamed online. Fiji and Lebanon had a number of NRL and NSW Cup players playing and was played at an NRL stadium so that should have been shown too.

Given we could watch Bosnia-Herzegovina, Hungary, Greece and Serbia play over the weekend the above matches should have been a no brainer. Good work to Serbian RL and others involved.

I also can't believe after the success of the RLWC that the European Championships aren't being televised in the UK / Europe. Apparently Premier Sports wanted the RLEF (I assume) or other organising body to pay them 30,000 pounds to cover tournament.