Ricky Stuart Quits Eels

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Well that has got to be the biggest surprise of the season. What a grub. I can only imagine what the dozen or so Eels players given marching orders during the year are thinking now.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Total dog... Screwed them over royally.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd lol if the next coach comes in buys back all the players Ricky screwed and they win the comp...yeh none of that would happen but it would be funny
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tbh he didn't really screw them over. The club needed a massive overhaul and the players he said could move on aren't really up for first grade. It also shows how shit Parra are as a club for a coach to want to walk out of there after 1 season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In my opinion I think he screwed them over blazza... He went on and on at the start of the year about needing to go through a rebuilding phase. Asking fans to stick by the team and expect more 40+ point hidings this year but things will get better... Blah, blah.

Not to mention a number of Parra players now have escape clauses in their contracts that they are free to take up (Hayne and Hoppa most noticibly).

If you are a builder and you agree to do a knock down rebuild, you can't just knock the house down then walk away. He didn't even finish cleaning the building site!

Poor form to tell a bunch of blokes they aren't in his plans for the club then he walks before they even get the chance to.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea that's a fair call. I was only looking at it from a cutting players POV. It really is just a terrible spot right now at Parra. A lot of problems on and off the field. I don't know how they're going to sell the place to a new coach.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Luckily for Parra there are so many axed coaches and up and coming assistants that will jump at any opportunity to coach first grade...

Neil Henry is being touted as the likely replacement but there are a lot of others out there. Whoever takes them on has a big job... It is a risky coaching job. Parra in general has been like that for years.

They really need to fix there board issues as a matter of priority.