NRL anomalies

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Watching the Rabbits V Dragons tonight and with 30secs on the clock ref blew time off for a scrum after Dragons were quick to pack down. Halfback was looking for ball and came back about 30-odd seconds later.

Now I recall a tight finish we were involved on earlier in the season (can't remember what game) where the ref refused to blow time off because, although the scrum was packed, there was no halfback with ball.

Can anyone explain this anomaly? Or is it simply one rule for Storm and another rule for everybody else?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Every ref twists 'the rules' to their own favour ::)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I watch a lot of league every week and I am always saying I saw that in a Storm game and it given against us. Sometimes I think 50/50 calls are decided against purple jumpers.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm the game you were thinking about was v Manly where we had a scrum and the ref blew time off just before the siren and he wouldn't pack the scrum. The ref was Shayne Hayne ... enough said.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shayne Hayne's a ref now? When did that happen? I always thought he was just a wanker with a whistle!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

How hard can the video ref's job be?
I wonder how much they're paying Luke Patten for his complete incompetence.

Two Storm games in a row now that he has not awarded a certain penalty try. And, ironically (??), Justin O'Neil on both occasions.
Is he this incompetent in any other games? Maybe he's trying to prove he wasn't just favouring the Dogs 2 weeks ago??