8 in a row

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Cam, Billy and Coop on achieving another SOO series win. 8 in a row - What a dynasty.

Special congrats to Cam on receiving the Wally Lewis medal. He's as good as biased, one-eyed Storm fans say... and then some. Just a champion.

Commiserations to Hoffy who was one of NSW best in the loss.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who got best of ground?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brent Tate tonight. Matt Scott couldn't have been too far behind. he was enormous and did all the hard work when NSW were fresh.

Cam got Player of the Series. Game high 51 tackles tonight (and most all Series).
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tate, seriously????? He caused the pressure that Qld was under for half the game with his errors.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Also news that GI could miss up to 8 weeks with a knee injury. As long as he's out for 3 weeks time, that will be handy.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely Hodges was man of the match last night
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm ? motm for me was Watmough - Never seen anyone work so hard to milk penalties in tackles,though Bird came close with his 'look - a streaker & security on the field - I'll stumble over them' ::)

Best team won on the day & in HOSTILE territory :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm pretty certain the guy falling over security was Hoffy.....
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought the performance of the night was the referees acting job in justifying some of those penalties (the one where one of the blues - Watmough? - was standing fighting to free the arm for an offload right on the goal line and somehow won a penalty for a strip was very interesting).
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:I thought the performance of the night was the referees acting job in justifying some of those penalties (the one where one of the blues - Watmough? - was standing fighting to free the arm for an offload right on the goal line and somehow won a penalty for a strip was very interesting).
NSW received 3 penalties for dropped balls in playing the ball... Shayne "Look at me" Hayne doing his absolute best to felate the entire State of NSW in front of a few million people.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

what are Qld gunna do when the Storm CHAMPIONS retire.Cam was awesome and that pass from Coops to hodges for that try was the match winner.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormy wrote:what are Qld gunna do when the Storm CHAMPIONS retire.Cam was awesome and that pass from Coops to hodges for that try was the match winner.
The same might be said of Storm - They are both going to need SERIOUS development systems in place :evil:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And a spot of 'tongue in cheek' re-branding ?
They do say that 'buddhism' has a view of the future
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree bourbon rat it's a worry...at least they are blooding our young guys
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

it was hoffy that fell over the streaker! he didn't need to, he could have just stood next to them pointing (and laughing) and the play would have been called dead. but i dont like the rule that qld got 6 more tackles even though they were on tackle 5 at the time...

i have no worries about storms time after the big 3 retire, as long as we can keep the young kids we have coming through. we have superstars in the waiting. just have to hide them from the opposition for the next few years.

but qlds time is coming to a end soon, only won the last 2 series by a combined 3 points and nsw have better players coming through