8 in a row

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:but i dont like the rule that qld got 6 more tackles even though they were on tackle 5 at the time...
After Cam's line break, the NSW defence was shot to pieces. If that streaker wasn't there it was going to be a QLD try for sure.

I really don't understand how (but I'm not surprised) NSW fans and the actual team can complain about the 6 again scrum rule in that situation... QLD were robbed of a certain try and it gave the Blues a chance to win the game when they got the ball only 2 points behind.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't see how else they could have ruled.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

take it back to where it was and play it again...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:take it back to where it was and play it again...
Yep, give the NSW defensive line the chance to get set, get on side, spread out etc when they were shot to pieces... Seems fair.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

And what if they were set, ready to go and the streaker comes along? Qld get 6 more? If nsw intercepts the balls and runs the length, it's taken back and qld get 6 more? Seems fair.....
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is nothing they can do that is fair to both parties and that was my point, therefore they have decided that it resets in the attacking team's favour in these situations. Ergo, within the rules, I don't see how else they could have ruled. It wasn't fair to either side. It wasn't fair to Queensland that they didn't get the try and it wasn't fair to New South Wales that Queensland got another full set at them.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The rule is the same thing if the ball hits the ref IIRC. The team with the territorial advantage get the scrum feed whether they had possession or not. Is a strange ruling. Circumstances like that one in origin, I think the best thing to do was to go back and play the ball on whatever tackle it was. Keep it simple.