dugan furgusson

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

there is a strong rumour that they have quit the raiders because of a bashing they got from coach furner after a smashing from panthers.. dugan posted a picture of him and furgusson (sticking his finger up with a beer in his hand) on instergram drinking on his roof when dugan is on a injury rehab no drinking club policy.. fergusson posted them as well but deleted only minutes later.. thats all i no at this stage
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They are merkins of the highest order. I've seen first hand how much of an idiot the both of them can be and because of it I can not stand them. I hope he and Duges have been flicked.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sandor earl apparently told some1 on twitter that things happen for a reason n we will turn this around next week and that no 1 is bigger than the club.. interesting to see what happens tomorrow/later today
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

canberra times running a story now
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Canberra Raiders star Josh Dugan faces possible sanctions after admitting to management on Monday that he had breached the club's strict alcohol policy for injured players.

A Raiders official said on Monday night that Dugan and team-mate Blake Ferguson had confirmed to the the club they had been drinking.

Pictures appeared on Dugan's Instagram account on Monday showing the pair reclining on a roof holding bottles.

Photo from Josh Dugan's Instagram account, which he captioned: "Life goes on! Nothing but love for brother @blakeferguson4".

The images emerged after police attended a home in Nicholls on Monday morning following a noise complaint. Neighbours reported seeing Dugan, Ferguson and others on the roof of a house.

Fullback Dugan sustained a rib cartilage injury in Canberra's 32-10 opening-round loss to the Panthers in Penrith on Sunday. Under the club's policy, injured players are prohibited from drinking alcohol during their recovery.

Fairfax Media was told on Monday night that Raiders officials, senior players and board members would meet on Tuesday to discuss how to handle the matter.

Photo from Josh Dugan's Instagram account, which he captioned: "Make your own luck! Whatever will be will be!".

The official said the club was also unhappy that Ferguson had been drinking after such a big loss to start the season.

It is understood several senior Raiders players were furious after viewing the pictures and phoned officials to express their anger. Raiders chief executive Don Furner did not return phone calls. Dugan could not be contacted.

ACT Policing confirmed that a noise complaint had been received in Nicholls.

Dugan was stood down from the Canberra side in May last year for drinking while injured. Ferguson was given the same punishment for turning up to a training session still affected by alcohol.

In December the Raiders fined Ferguson $5000 and ordered him to complete community service after allegedly spitting on patrons at Canberra's Foreshore Music Festival.

After he was issued his suspension last year, Dugan told Fairfax Media he had learned a valuable lesson.

''Being injured is bad, but to know you let the team down by stuffing up was even worse,'' he said in September. ''I can pretty much say that will never happen again.

''You take things for granted being the number one or in Fergo's case the starting winger week-in and week out … there were rules in place and it's simple - we broke the rules and we paid the punishment.

''I think it helped both of us, I think it matured us on and off the field and woke us up a bit to what we had in front of us.''

Ferguson also expressed his remorse in July.

''That incident really shocked me and didn't sit well with the coaches and also myself, because I know I'm better than that,'' he said.

''It was a rookie error you would say, immature of me and not thinking about the team.

''Myself and Josh [Dugan] are young but we've got a fair bit of experience in the top grade, all the young kids coming through look up to us and we're the sounding boards for them. There's a time and place to do things, and that wasn't the time and place.''

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/act-new ... z2NF0OG8h9
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw Ferguson at foreshore shirtless, pinging off his tits.
He's such a wanker. Can't play for shit either.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Canberra Raiders fullback Josh Dugan may have played last game for the club after blow-up with coach David Furner
Josh Massoud
The Daily Telegraph
March 12, 2013 11:30PM

Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
SHAREFacebookTwitterEmail

Josh Dugan may have played his last game for the Raiders. Picture: Ray Strange Source: The Daily Telegraph

Josh Dugan (front) and Blake Ferguson in a picture Dugan posted on Twitter. Source: Twitter

AN EXPLETIVE-laden blow-up with coach David Furner shapes as the final straw in Josh Dugan's tumultuous career at Canberra.

The star fullback will front the Raiders board tomorrow to explain a 24-hour bender with teammate Blake Ferguson after Sunday's heavy loss to Penrith.

Both players have been stood down indefinitely, but Dugan might not be seen in lime green again after engaging Furner in a heated and abusive verbal confrontation yesterday morning.

After he missed both Monday's recovery session and yesterday's weights program, a fuming Furner confronted Dugan at the ACT residence where he'd spent much of the previous day and night drinking with Ferguson and other non-footballing friends.

Dugan was equally angry with the coach, who is believed to have questioned his opening round effort. The pair traded colourful insults and remarks, with the 22-year-old showing scant respect for Furner's authority.

Dugan then travelled to Sydney to meet with his management, where he spent last night.

He's expected to return to the ACT later today, with Raiders management already ordering Dugan to attend the board meeting

Chairman John McIntyre indicated last night the club was prepared to counsel Dugan through his issues, but working under Furner now appears an unlikely task after yesterday's stunning exchange. McIntyre was aware of the Furner incident, but refused to confirm Dugan's days were numbered. "He's got some issues and we need to help him with that," McIntyre said.

Dugan took to Twitter to apologise for breaking team protocol and revealed the extent of his problems.

"I apologise to my teammates and the fans but this is personal and needs to be sorted out as soon as possible for me to move forward," Dugan tweeted. "This goes beyond the drinking while injured. Yes I've broken team rules but for me it goes deeper and I plan on sorting it out."

Most thought Dugan was referring to his private life, which includes an up-and-down relationship with his long-term partner, who is also pregnant with the couple's first child.

But his close associates and friends knew better, having been made aware of Dugan's deteriorating respect for Furner over the off-season.

He's also expressed private regrets over re-signing last February in preference to a lucrative offer from Canterbury. That attitude has not impressed the Raiders' senior leadership group, which includes co-captains David Shillington and Josh McCrone, Shaun Fensom, Brett White, Shaun Berrigan and Tom Leoroyd-Lahrs.

They met yesterday and agreed that Dugan and Ferguson must be dumped from the side to tackle the Gold Coast.

It's the second time in the past 12 months they've been stood down, with the pair also missing last year's Round 12 clash against Souths for drinking while injured.

Ferguson was also fined $5000 for spitting at a patron at an ACT music festival over Christmas, but is expected to survive because his attitude towards football and training has generally remained positive.

St George Illawarra shape as an obvious option should Dugan leave the Raiders. The Dragons have plenty of

space to move under this year's salary cap and coach Steve Price attempted to woo Dugan to the club last year.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm glad we've got the 2nd best fullback in the world ;-)
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

hearing dugan will be a dragon
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i've heard ferguson wants out now
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

ferguson is in trouble again.. drinking at a pub last night while injured..
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he's a moron
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

it would be to get sacked and he can go back to sydney, if they wont release him he will make them sack him. funny he was pictured with mundine this weekend
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Canberra should drop him to the lowest grade they can possibly play him at and keep him there until his contract is over.
He will disappear into football oblivion forever. Career over!!

I hate Canberra, but I think it's bullshit that they take a strong stand against players such as Carney, Dugan and now Ferguson. Only for them to just re-sign with another club, possibly even for more money and Canberra's left with a whole in their player roster.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ferguson's future with Raiders still up in the air

Wayward NRL star Blake Ferguson is back in Canberra, but yet to confirm he wants to remain in Raiders colours.
Ferguson will not be named when the Raiders announce their squad on Tuesday afternoon to take on Manly in this Sunday’s must-win match at Canberra Stadium.But Fairfax Media understands Ferguson will be overlooked because of injury, and has not yet been suspended by the club.
Raiders coach David Furner and club officials plan to meet meet with Ferguson on Tuesday afternoon to determine if he breached club protocols by drinking while injured and to get to the bottom of speculation that he wants a release from the the final two years of his contract.
While the Raiders squad does not return to training until Wednesday afternoon, Ferguson did report to Raiders training headquarters in Bruce on Tuesday morning to work out in the gym with Canberra’s injured rehabilitation group.Ferguson was not sporting club colours when photographed by Fairfax Media, leaving the facility wearing a cap and hoodie featuring rappers.Ferguson was a late withdrawal from last Saturday’s loss to the Bulldogs because of a small tear in his quadriceps. He is scheduled to have back scans to see if that may be contributing to his thigh and hip injuries.Ferguson is yet to publicly state his commitment to the Raiders after reports broke last Wednesday that he would seek a release to return to Sydney and be closer to family and mentor Anthony Mundine.Ferguson did meet with Mundine, Sonny Bill Williams and sports agent Khoder Nasser while in Sydney over the weekend, fuelling speculation that he may be plotting an exit strategy from Canberra.But Mundine has told Fairfax Media he is not aware Ferguson has any plans to seek a release.Mundine says he simply wants to be an adviser to Ferguson, urging the 23-year-old to manage his own affairs.
The Raiders would love to have a fit, focused and firing Ferguson back in their team, especially given backline injuries to Jack Wighton, Edrick Lee and Terry Campese.But Ferguson will not be named on Tuesday.The Raiders are, however, contemplating several changes to their backline for Sunday’s crucial match against Manly.Warriors recruit Bill Tupou will be named to make his debut for the club, likely as a centre replacement for Wighton, who broke his leg in two places against the Bulldogs and will miss the remainder of the season.The Raiders are also considering shifting rookie sensation Anthony Milford, who is having his own contractual stand-off with Canberra, to the halves in place of Sam Williams.If Campese does not recover from his eye injury, Milford’s shift to the halves would enable Reece Robinson to return to his preferred position at fullback.
Robinson and Sandor Earl are both under pressure to retain their spots on the wing, with rookie Sami Sauiluma also in the mix for a return to NRL.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z2cUD2f2cd