Biting

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bulldogs NYC player Daniel Moroko has been found guilty of biting and given a 1 match ban, his defence was that he has asthma and so needs to have his mouth open, am I the only one who sees the flaw in this argument? Biting is the act of closing your mouth upon something!

I recall a similar problem cropping up in the VFL about 10 years ago when Port Melbourne player Peter Filandia bit Springvale player (St Kilda listed) Chad Davis on the scrotum and drew blood, he got 10 weeks but I felt he should've gotten life! His defence was similar - he was running out of air (so closed his mouth?).

A stronger statement was needed here! Biting is a reprehensible act! At the very least, a year's suspension should be imposed, we don't need a Filandia type incident occuring in the NRL!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Give them a bit of time and they may be able to somehow blame this on Melbourne Storm !!!!! :-\ :-\
staticash
Squall
Squall

I can see the headlines now "Melbourne storm new tackling technique THE NIBBLER"

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Bulldogs NYC player Daniel Moroko has been found guilty of biting and given a 1 match ban, his defence was that he has asthma and so needs to have his mouth open, am I the only one who sees the flaw in this argument? Biting is the act of closing your mouth upon something!

I recall a similar problem cropping up in the VFL about 10 years ago when Port Melbourne player Peter Filandia bit Springvale player (St Kilda listed) Chad Davis on the scrotum and drew blood, he got 10 weeks but I felt he should've gotten life! His defence was similar - he was running out of air (so closed his mouth?).

A stronger statement was needed here! Biting is a reprehensible act! At the very least, a year's suspension should be imposed, we don't need a Filandia type incident occuring in the NRL!
Put him down like all rabid dogs
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

staticash wrote:I can see the headlines now "Melbourne storm new tackling technique THE NIBBLER"

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I like that !!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

1 week for biting? How do they justify that? Should've been longer!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its not consistant how do you only get 1 match ban for biting.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Soward got no weeks in 09 for biting Ballin

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Biting is far worse than some of the other things I've seen players get more than a week for!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

As we always say ..the judiciary is a JOKE.They are too inconsitant to be taken seriously.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

unfortunately they have the power to suspend