Manly v Des

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Well 40 minutes in & the camo tops are working - DCE is invisible :lol:
I can see why Sheens left him warming the pine.
So far this media beat up 'grudge match' has been a limp dog fight.
Let's see what the 2nd 40 uncovers
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the manly players are embarrassed to be wearing the camo strip,they must be wearing it for a bet cos no self respecting macho player would wear it otherwise. They look like cows running around.
Nice idea..bad design.

I am even going for manly to beat the dogs.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

You gotta love George Rose - He makes that fat lump Graham look fit :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Okay lets just get this in the right location first.

Now I have no idea what they were thinking with those strips but the moment I saw them run out I felt compelled to quote the Simpsons, looks like they're "wearing nothing at all, nothing at all, nothing at all" Kind of gross when you think of big George in that context though.

Only thing worse was the t-shits that the Bulldogs were selling, I don't want to be Manly and I'm sure Cherry and his mates don't want to be a Bulldog especially after such an inept display.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ennis....Sidestepped by ROSE Lol
Game winning play!!!

Dogs done the shit jerseys for money
We done this for a good cause,fken ugly though
but thats what the aussies wore in 2004 Afghanistan

2nd 40 when the forwards actually layed a platform
DCE set alight,Liam Foran......fken not up to nrl standard

Lots of confidence tonight,you guys scraped past the dogs
and so did we,but we did it missing 2 internationals,again
showed if we can't outskill some team,we'll hit them out of
it! Never been prouder,i thought Des would have the keys
to paradise

Fast forward to October

Manly 26 Melbourne 18
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cherry_Poppins wrote:We done this for a good cause,fken ugly though
but thats what the aussies wore in 2004 Afghanistan
Fair enough to explain the jersey but the shorts? Surely they could have kept their original shorts ... skin coloured shorts should never be seen on a football field!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote: 2nd 40 when the forwards actually layed a platform
DCE set alight,Liam Foran......fken not up to nrl standard
Maybe that is why Foran hadn't added to his three games he played for the Storm during the Origin period in 2008 until this year. He had stints at Auckland and the Roosters during that time and couldn't get a game at either of those places. Having said that I don't think he made any glaring errors.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

No idea Christa it was very weird, hated the socks the most, it looked like pjs

[ Post made via Android ] Image
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Weak performance by Manly never had control of the game and just got lucky with the win, dogs really handed them the game so it was more like a Dogs loss than a Manly win...two of their players showed thier true colours Jamie "to slow" Lyon and Brett "can run anymore" Stawart....without these 2 players in the team the Eagles would have one more convincingly but by carrying these has been players in their spine they won't makea dent come finals time.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lol Snake has his speed back and Lyon played his worst game for us last night, Killer isn't in the spine and hasn't been since the 08gf

We have alot of room for improvement come finals time, both Stewart's need match fitness and we're still missing Foran and Tony Williams....the panic buttons aren't being pressed yet, back to back is on the cards

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A very boring game by 2 very ordinary sides,not worth the electicity I used watching it.As for the strips ,it doesn't matter what Manly wear they still all play like thugs.The best part of the game was the full time whistle. Manly did not win that game themselves they were helped along by the very poor performance of the Bulldogs,who I thought would have put up a better fight against a poor Manly side,AND I think too that WHENEVER Manly play they need 2 strong that referees will penalise them when they need to be and not be scared of the consistant whinging from sooky Lyon all night,and they need to be tougher on the grub Matai.This guy got away with a very serious infringemant this weekend and he should thank his lucky stars he is playing for the next 6 weeks..because he shouldn't be
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles :-X
May they live in intersting times :P
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Rose Madder wrote:A very boring game by 2 very ordinary sides,not worth the electicity I used watching it.As for the strips ,it doesn't matter what Manly wear they still all play like thugs.The best part of the game was the full time whistle. Manly did not win that game themselves they were helped along by the very poor performance of the Bulldogs,who I thought would have put up a better fight against a poor Manly side,AND I think too that WHENEVER Manly play they need 2 strong that referees will penalise them when they need to be and not be scared of the consistant whinging from sooky Lyon all night,and they need to be tougher on the grub Matai.This guy got away with a very serious infringemant this weekend and he should thank his lucky stars he is playing for the next 6 weeks..because he shouldn't be
Fishy isn't biting but wasn't the wrestling to be cut out last weekend? How did that go?
I hope The Baker gets suspended if he uses the rolling pin again,dog move by a dog bloke
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And then there's this - Sea Eagles to head West for Warriors clash
Just in case you can't fly there my small fruit squeezing friend -
Here's your Road Trip
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just before half time in the Manly Raiders game, did anyway see Brett Stewart take out Joel Thompson in the in goal area after the Raiders put in a grubber kick? Thompson was chasing Jamie Lyon and the next minute Stewart just moved in front of him and there was even a hint of a raised elbow from Stewart. Can't believe none of the commentators or referees saw it. About a minute later one of the commentators said Joel Thompson is down in the in goal area and I thought we were going to get a replay but we didn't.

What did other people think about this incident?