WILLIE MASON

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I here there is a rumour ( and that may be all it is ) that Willie Mason has or is close to signing a 3 year deal with The Tigers..I wouldn't think this is what Tim Sheens would be looking for ..oh well
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wouldnt it be funny if he turned around an signed a 1 or 2 year deal with the storm

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wouldn't be funny at all,although it wasn't that long ago that the Storm did make him an offer but he wanted more,must have tickets on himself!!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From what I recall Craig wanted him and it looked like he might come to Storm (before he signed with the
Cowboys I think) but the Storm Board said NO!! (whether that was due to his past or the $$$ he was
wanting I do not know).
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Apparently Tigers have gone cold on him. On NRL on Fox last night Matty Johns asked Cam Smith whether he'd like Willie at the Storm and Cam said absolutely.

Cam said that a couple of years ago Craig asked him whether he'd want Willie in his squad and Cam urged him to sign him ASAP.

This time round the price may be right. Cam's pretty keen on having him in his team, and Melboune may just be the right place for him to focus on his footy and leave all the off-field politics and shenanigans behind.
Cam did question his match fitness, but he could be a handy option later in the season when the fatigue and injuries have run through our forwards.
When he's on he's on, and when he's off he's very off. If anyone can get him on again it'd be Craig and the Storm.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Id love to have willy at the storm , i know he has a past and baggage but imagine willy ryles and vave on the bench !
Id sign him if he was real cheap , put him in nsw cup for 5 weeks and see if he has still got it .
Plus we would get alot of media coverage which would be good for the sponsers (unless he plays up )
Joel.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

stormfan2010 wrote:Id love to have willy at the storm , i know he has a past and baggage but imagine willy ryles and vave on the bench !
Id sign him if he was real cheap , put him in nsw cup for 5 weeks and see if he has still got it .
Plus we would get alot of media coverage which would be good for the sponsers (unless he plays up )
Joel.

We've got lots of good kids. We REALLY don't want to let him anywhere near them.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

we are under pressure to keep sika yet we are talking about signing mason.....
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's a washed up has-been who will be 32 next month and hasn't been in good form since circa 2006. It would be a risk signing him, but who's to say he can't transform himself back to his heyday from 10 years ago under Bellyache???
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

at $55k a year....with Martina i would find that a very scary proposition as an opposition fan

He'd go well
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Who knows, maybe next year if Sika Manu leaves. For the last few years, Bellyache has recruited older forwards such as Wairangi Koopu, Bryan Norrie, Troy Thompson, Adam Woolnough, Jaiman Lowe and now Jason Ryles. Maybe Willie can be the next one to finish his career at the Storm.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i think mason is still asking too much for someone of his age, and reputation.... beggers can't be choosers mr mason
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the knights have him now. I don`t expect big willie to fire up.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:the knights have him now. I don`t expect big willie to fire up.
Well you are right so far Stormy,Willie looks like a bit of a dud at the moment,I don't think even Wayne Bennet can get a spark out of him,and having said that ,he doesn't seem to be having much success with the rest of the Knights either O0