walker test positve

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

The National Rugby League and the Manly Sea Eagles have today confirmed that Andrew Walker has returned a positive test for cocaine in an ASDA post game random drug test.

The matter will now be referred to the NRL Drugs Tribunal who would be expected to meet to hear the matter as soon as is practical.

The player has yet to have the ‘B’ sample for the test confirmed but has conceded that he does not dispute the test.

The NRL policy provides for a 2-year ban in relation to stimulants unless the NRL Drug Tribunal is satisfied that the offence was not intended to involve or conceal any performance enhancement.

Andrew has informed the NRL of his intention to retire.

“People must understand that we cannot comment on any further details of the case at this stage,” NRL Chief Executive, Mr David Gallop, said today.

“This is a sad individual circumstance but also a reflection of the NRL’s ongoing commitment to the most rigorous testing programme in Australian sport.”

nrl.com.au
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

I hope Andrew Walker can find some meaning in his life and not go down the road of self destrucktion.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The question I want answered is why is Willy Mason still playing when he too tested positive to Cocaine, was fined $25,000 by the Criminals club and the NRL did stuff all!

I do not condone drug abuse of any kind be it prescription or illegal drugs, but why does Andrew Walker get 2 years suspension( but announced his retirement and admitted to the offence)and bloody Mason is now being mentioned as the replacement Captain for Price next year and continues to get away with his obnoxious and criminal behaviour! Please Explain???

Do I need to explain any further why I hate the Bloody Bulldogs!

Bunnies :x
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bunnies wrote:The question I want answered is why is Willy Mason still playing when he too tested positive to Cocaine, was fined $25,000 by the Criminals club and the NRL did stuff all!

I do not condone drug abuse of any kind be it prescription or illegal drugs, but why does Andrew Walker get 2 years suspension( but announced his retirement and admitted to the offence)and bloody Mason is now being mentioned as the replacement Captain for Price next year and continues to get away with his obnoxious and criminal behaviour! Please Explain???

Do I need to explain any further why I hate the Bloody Bulldogs!

Bunnies :x
One was an internal drugs test and the other an NRL test.

The internal Dogs one was therefore able to be delt with inhouse.

I Still hate the dogs though :wink:
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I cannot possibly see why this makes any difference!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
If the NRL has access to those test results then the penalty should be the same..I think that the media will take hold of this one,I hope so anyway,I get really pissed off when theses druggies get off on loop holes such as this,the punishment for the crime should be the same,no matter who tests them :? :?
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rose

Totally agree, it depends on what team is involved in how the rules are interpreted and enforced, if it was any other team other than the Criminals or the Chooks that player would have been gone even if it was a "inhouse" drug test.

The result is still the same, it is still an illegal drug!! Should be no ifs or maybe's the player should be GONE!!

Cheers
Bunnies
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rose Madder wrote: If the NRL has access to those test results then the penalty should be the same.....
I agree but the NRL couldn't ( Or wouldn't ) get hold of those test. :roll: :roll: