how do we think ex-stormers will go

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im talking about all the blokes we lost last year aswell as orford and dallas
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Orford - will be interesting to see how he goes.

Johnson - after a few weeks of getting use to the speed of the NRL again, he will be back to what he was.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Willie Isa is going to Debut for the Tigers this weekend
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

best of luck to DJ, Whitey, GI, Isa, Polar Bear et al except when they come against the might Storm down south.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

willie scored a double in the castlefield under 20 team who trashed huddersfield

Tigers Under 20's Demolish Giants by 62-8
The Tigers Under 20's replicated the impressive victory on Saturday evening of their first team counterparts over Huddersfield Giants, with a 12-try domination at Castleford Panthers on Sunday afternoon, with a 62-8 win reports Matthew Merrick.
Gary Thornton's (pictured) young Tigers were quick out of the blocks, and never took their foot of the gas. Ryan Brierley scored in the first minute when he raced 95 metres with an interception, and the Tigers controlled the game from then on.

Josh Atkinson then crossed, and Brierley added the conversion, but the visitors pulled back with a try, when they capitalised on a penalty.

Further tries from Jordan Thompson, and Atkinson, his second, saw them quickly establish a comfortable lead.

The Giants managed another try as the first half came to a close, but the Tigers led 22-8 at the break.

The second half saw the Tigers raise the tempo further, with a point a minute for the final forty.

A quick fire three tries in five minutes killed off the visiting side.

Tries from Billy Harris, a second from Nathanial, and then a trademark try from lively hooker Daryl Clark, who doubled up following his dazzling first team debut on Saturday night, complimented by three Jordan Thompson conversions put the game beyond doubt.

Willie Isa then charged over, backed up by another try from the ever dangerous Chris Siddons, with Thompson again adding the conversion.

Isa then crossed for his second with a clever try, as he teased the defence. Thompson added the simple kick, and returned moments later when Ben Johnston sealed victory with a clever show-and-go to race under the posts.

Thomspon's successful kick gave the Tigers a well earned 62-8 win.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think the boys who went to Wigan will take a while to settle in to the style of play over there,especially Ryan Hoffman,but once he finds his stride he will do well.Brett Finch will fit in well.
The most interesting one for me is Brett White,I love this guy and am really pissed off he left us,Canberra look to have a strong side this year which I think he will do really well in,but hopefully not against us
GI well a lot of things expected of him,and he really has to get fit,we have seen him for Melbourne Storm when he was carrying a bit of weight, and how it really slows him down.He has got a lot to live up to,and Souths are already making excuses for him,re his match fitness,but having said all that we all know how lethal he can be.
Matt Orford in my opinion is way past his prime,I think he was when he left Melbourne,and yes I am aware that he has won the Dally M since,but that was a farce!!!
Dallas Johnson,the guy is a work horse and will go in boots and all,no matter who he plays for.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Congrats to Billy Rogers for being named on extended bench for the Eels.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Another 'former stormer' still coping it from the judiciary - Ben Cross
Leeds prop Ben Cross will miss the Rhinos' home game against Salford on Friday after being handed a one-match ban.

Cross, a close-season signing from Newcastle Knights, was found guilty of a late and high tackle on Warrington scrum-half Richard Myler during his side's 40-24 defeat at the Halliwell Jones Stadium on Saturday.

The 32-year-old Australian was also fined £300 by the Rugby Football League's disciplinary committee.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Just watching the chooks n bunnies
Apart from a couple of tackles & one short run at the line GI was invisible in the 1st 40 - Still......................Round one isn't a "Big Game" is it.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I thought he went alright.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

he was ok, but if i was paying 600k a year for a player i would be expecting very high standards in every game!!
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Brett White will have a holiday again already. You'd think he saw the Storm game las' night & what Jason King did so you'd assume he'd have taken that out of his game. I know he's been exposed as having done it before, played ok apart from that...

DJ was well, DJ! Even after his time out of the NRL. A class above most forwards in the game atm. Can't wait to see him in a Qld jersey again...

Tagataese & Kaufusi had strong games I thought for their respective teams. Hope big Kafu keeps that up all year, liked him when at Melbourne...

Would love to see Orford play well in that Raiders team as well. I jus' didn't like him leaving & going to that farce of a merger & Manly...
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

I hope DJ doesn't make origin. :-D
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

GI said it will take him until round 3 to hit his stride. This sounded very familiar. I think he needs to stop talking himself up and put in the same effort for each game (except when playing us - then he should let the expectation weigh him down).
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

GI will find it very hard to play against his ex team mates.I hope his mixed emotions run riot and he has a shocker against STORM :-D