Channel 9 Melbourne Contact Details

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

Good Morning,

I know there was a thread a long time ago which had the contact phone numbers etc for Channel 9 in Melbourne for complaints. Does anyone have this information? I know my complaint is not going to achieve anything but I am soooooo angry.

Once again we have been screwed over by Channel 9 - they are NOT showing the four nations final live on any of their channels in Melbourne. No - we get to watch Hey Hey It's Saturday instead and the game is shown on delay at 9.30pm. Why oh why can't they show it live on Gem (Channel 90)? Why have two channels when you show exactly the same shows on both?

Grrrrr - I was really looking forward to watching it. I will just have to get a live stream off the internet AGAIN.....

Thanks

Julie
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Channel Nine legally cannot show live sport like the Four Nations final on one of their digital mutichannels only. I know it doesn't make sense but that's just how it is. Supposedly that ruling changes in time for 2011 (so we should be able to see Friday night games live on either Go or GEM) but it wouldn't surprise me if they found a way around it. It doesn't excuse Channel Nine not showing the final live on their main channel but at least there's a reason why they can't show it on a digital channel.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

All Storm fans that live in Victoria should set a date and a time then complain together.

Either on a forum like this or through other social websites the word should be spread.

Pick a day and a time that would inconvience channel 9 and bombard them with complaints about the same thing. Which is not getting enough Rugby League at reasonables times in Melbourne. Yell at them, scream and kick, swear and DEMAND them to change their attitude. Call them DISCRIMINATIVE against the sport, label them "Enforcers of the Status Quo".

Doing this in large numbers is at the same time is the only way to get them to change, Ask channel 7 in Sydney when they took off an Australian playing in the Australian open for deal or no deal. They had to make a public apology over how "poor" their service was.

Do this more then once if you have to, and if you don't believe that this will work well then do nothing and continue living the way you guys are currently.

Either way i'll seee the game live :D.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

onlooker wrote:All Storm fans that live in Victoria should set a date and a time then complain together.

Either on a forum like this or through other social websites the word should be spread.

Pick a day and a time that would inconvience channel 9 and bombard them with complaints about the same thing. Which is not getting enough Rugby League at reasonables times in Melbourne. Yell at them, scream and kick, swear and DEMAND them to change their attitude. Call them DISCRIMINATIVE against the sport, label them "Enforcers of the Status Quo".

Doing this in large numbers is at the same time is the only way to get them to change, Ask channel 7 in Sydney when they took off an Australian playing in the Australian open for deal or no deal. They had to make a public apology over how "poor" their service was.

Do this more then once if you have to, and if you don't believe that this will work well then do nothing and continue living the way you guys are currently.

I agree completely,me and a few mates wanted to watch the 2007 GF in a pub,we had some lima lima lima duck whinge and whine
but eventually got our way,which was nice of the owner as there was no other sports playing on the said day,i was actually
shocked it was on in melbourne at all,i mean seriously 400pages for a AFL flogging in the paper,it wasnt even a game,the pregame
part of the paper for the said GF was 4 pages,4? seriously? Why does a joke of a game,an absolute flogging get 400pages and
the preview of the NRL grand final is a mere 4 pages,lima lima lima duck worst city ever,no city pride whatsoever,i felt sorry for melbourne that
minute,because no matter how good or successful they become,they get well below par write ups in theyre own paper

The media down there should burn and be reborn,the only people who would have read the crap about that grand final the day before
were fans of the winners,for the rest of us it was utter garbage we didnt really care about,when one of our many teams makes a grand final
in the heartland,we have cover to cover coverage more or less,when you guys go out of the melbourne comfort zone and make the same game
you get spit on with 4 pages,its not just channel 9,its the entire media!

My review of Melbourne itself is ball shrinkingly cold or muggy gross hot,possibly both on the same day with chances of flood and no good media
outlets,lots of shops for girls to waste money in and a general disregard for good taste in archetecture (Crown is an eyesore)
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

onlooker wrote:All Storm fans that live in Victoria should set a date and a time then complain together.

I agree completely,me and a few mates wanted to watch the 2007 GF in a pub,we had some lima lima lima duck whinge and whine
but eventually got our way,which was nice of the owner as there was no other sports playing on the said day,i was actually
shocked it was on in melbourne at all,i mean seriously 400pages for a AFL flogging in the paper,it wasnt even a game,the pregame
part of the paper for the said GF was 4 pages,4? seriously? Why does a joke of a game,an absolute flogging get 400pages and
the preview of the NRL grand final is a mere 4 pages,lima lima lima duck worst city ever,no city pride whatsoever,i felt sorry for melbourne that
minute,because no matter how good or successful they become,they get well below par write ups in theyre own paper

The media down there should burn and be reborn,the only people who would have read the crap about that grand final the day before
were fans of the winners,for the rest of us it was utter garbage we didnt really care about,when one of our many teams makes a grand final
in the heartland,we have cover to cover coverage more or less,when you guys go out of the melbourne comfort zone and make the same game
you get spit on with 4 pages,its not just channel 9,its the entire media!

My review of Melbourne itself is ball shrinkingly cold or muggy gross hot,possibly both on the same day with chances of flood and no good media
outlets,lots of shops for girls to waste money in and a general disregard for good taste in archetecture (Crown is an eyesore)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

absentee wrote:Channel Nine legally cannot show live sport like the Four Nations final on one of their digital mutichannels only. I know it doesn't make sense but that's just how it is. ... It doesn't excuse Channel Nine not showing the final live on their main channel but at least there's a reason why they can't show it on a digital channel.
Actually, Nein rarely show games live anyway. For example, Saturday's game was on 50 minute delay in QLD. Sunday games are always onat least an hour delay.
However, the legislation doesn't say anything about not being able to show live sport on secondary channels in the same state as the prime channel.
If they choose to show it live on Nein in QLD and NSW, then they can show it on Go in Victoria at the same time quite legitimately as it is a service to a "non core" audience.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

All of this talk reminded me to check a TV guide and see if they were showing the final in Victoria, but then I remembered (of course) that Channel Nine wouldn't sacrifice their Plucka Duck in order to show something like this.
When the NRL give out rights, they should be looking for people that WANT to air this stuff... Channel Nine just obviously has it for the heck of it. It's time for them to give it up, and seriously, this is the last straw for me.
Vic Viewers: PO Box 100 Richmond, Vic 3121
is the address I'll be sending my long and detailed complaint to, demanding at least a reply and a change in attitude.
GRRRR!!!
(I wonder how they'll feel getting a complaint letter from a 15 year old ;) )
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

(I wonder how they'll feel getting a complaint letter from a 15 year old ;) )
Sadly not different to the way they treat EVERY complaint from RL fans in Victoria.
With total & unrelenting contempt.

As long as they give Gallop n Co a 'reasonable' deal for FTA in Sydney & a '50/50' deal for FTA into Brisbane he'll bend & twist like a pretzel to help them keep the FTA rights.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

My Foxtel guide is telling me kickoff has been moved to midnight on Nine with no HD coverage. Either there's been a staggering decision to delay the kick-off until 11pm local time (which the locals will just love :-D ) or we're getting the game on a 4.5 hour delay. Nine delaying a RL final? No, they couldn't could they... oh wait, it is Nein we're talking about. :oops: They are a fecking joke.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anyone who wants to ring Ch.9 here in Melbourne the phone no. is 03/9429 0201, but phone during business hours and ask the receptionist to put you through to a tv programmer.

A letter of complaint with a cc to David Ballsup wouldn't go astray either.