A recap on the worst year of NRL history,A tale of Gods country and a Bleak City

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This rant bought to you by a rabid Manly Warringah Sea Eagles fan
Parental discretion is advised as the following rant is on an R 18+ Rating

Now for those of you who stayed to read arguably the most pissed off and foul
languaged peice of rant of 2010

Enjoy

Yes,i have been mindraped as i seen us as the only team capable of october glory
Since making these predictions,2 suspensions,a few season ending injuries on top of
the ones we started with and more rough calls than a homosexual client in a brothel

King got a week? Serious he barely touched him
G Stewart looked all self preservy to me,stupid but shit happens
Matai.......had a brain explosion,i dont think he'd deliberately do that
Dogkinson can lima lima lima duck off to the dishlickers now and never come back
Foran is injured
Watmoughs in doubt
Bailey DIDNT lima lima lima duck GET SUSPENDED,That shit deserved 28 weeks at least!!!
Wolfman has had front row seats all year,shit injury
B Stewart.....god 78 minutes in an entire season.....unlucky but shit happens
And Don Seige has seemed to be payed for nothing,our team looks more tired
than a prostitute at 1pm after pulling an all nighter

And Harrigan is most likely for top ref job,lima lima lima duck marvelous,the *lima lima lima duck* Bozo should have
ran down with a cement truck years ago

On signing news we have nothing,no retention news or new signings besides someone
from the dogs park footy team....we've lost Farrar,Dogko,Tasi (from the 20s),Perry and someone
else im sure of it

We need *lima lima lima duck* jesus now

I hate to draw a comparrison but you think you guys had a *lima lima lima duck* of a year,ours was barely any better

Oh and lets not forget the jealous fags who hate us just because theyre jealous,you know the type
"Who do yew go fer sunny?" "Why manly my good chap" "Ewww manly,i think me dog has pewked up
better things then a manly sup'orter and me wife/sister is hangin owt for a rewt,lemme go fix er up"

Im sure you guys with the same kind of aura have the same kind of inbred *lima lima lima duck* saying the same sort
of shit

On the upside

Broncos,Souths and Parra all missed the finals
And Saints are the perrenial chokers

Bring on 2011 and a new lima lima lima duck CEO,Anyone but Lowe or Waldron would be perfect,Grant Mayer would be
personal preference!

Now on to you guys,honestly year from hell but with less than nothing to lose....well i sometimes envy that
your guys had no reason to play,could have damn near forfeited the entire year and away games they may
as well have forfeited,Gallop and Waldron/Co should be hanging by a fishing hook that goes in the empty space
between the ballsack and the asshole from the top of sydney tower if it had a revolving floor

On the other hand us with a comp to win made infinatly easier......well lets just say we've underperformed and leave
it alone

END RANT!!!
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Oh lima lima lima duck lol.....
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 5915012633

Daily Terrorgraph
Dean Richie

IT'S almost enough to set aside fans' traditional animosity toward the NRL's most hated club.

The Des Hasler-coached Manly Sea Eagles will face a red-hot St George Illawarra as the most weakened side ever to enter a league finals series.

The Daily Telegraph can today reveal the Sea Eagles have a staggering 14 players either already out or in doubt for Sunday's qualifying final against the minor premiers at Kogarah.

Effectively, Manly could take the field minus an entire football team.

The situation is so dire the Sea Eagles cannot train today and will only have a brief swimming session.

Bookmakers have posted them as $34 outsiders to win the premiership, with the Dragons tightening into $2.50.Such is the Sea Eagles' plight, Manly captain Jamie Lyon has declared a win on Sunday will rank among the greatest in his club's 63-year history.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

On a day the one-time Silvertails' title hopes slumped:

THREE Manly players were charged by the NRL match review committee - Steve Matai, Jason King and Chris Bailey. Matai is looking at a suspension of either seven or nine matches.

FIVE-EIGHTH Kieran Foran (shoulder) was ruled out for the season, joining Glenn Stewart (suspended) and
injured trio Brett Stewart, David Williams and Shane Rodney; and

REPRESENTATIVE back-rower Anthony Watmough confirmed he is in grave doubt for the final with an ankle injury, while inspirational captain Jamie Lyon is also battling a painful ankle injury.

Matai, who knocked out Bulldogs hooker Michael Ennis with a late tackle, is expected to plead guilty today and be banished for seven games, while King may fight a one-match suspension for a high tackle.

Bailey will be free to play after an early plea.

ARL CEO Geoff Carr said Matai could serve some matches in the Four Nations series if selected in the New Zealand squad.

King is also carrying an ankle injury while Matt Ballin (concussion), Brent Kite (collarbone), Joe Galuvao (groin) and Ben Farrar (shoulder) are fighting to play.

The logical replacement for Matai, Toyota Cup star Dean Whare, is also unavailable due to injury.

Manly's despair comes as the Dragons easily claimed the minor premiership and had the luxury of resting four players for Sunday night's match against Souths.

Asked would an against-the-odds win be one of Manly's finest, Lyon said: "I think so. It will be a great win if we can do it. It is a great opportunity. It's a final so there aren't many bigger challenges.

"It will be a massive task but we are capable of beating anyone on our day. Everyone expects the Dragons to win so there won't be much pressure on us.

"It's going to be a bit of a nervous wait [for the injured players].

"We have got a few out but we're confident in the players we have available.

"We don't know exactly who's in or who's out at the moment.

"We probably won't know for a few days yet. We could well have quite a few out."
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

do u feel better now
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

boo frickin hoo. Have a cry why don't you ya big sook. You don't see me having a cry about Parra's poor season.

manly- a shit team with a shit jersey and a shit home ground and supporters who cry when things don't go their way.

typical silvertail sooks!
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/stripped.gif[/img]
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/haynetoogood2-1.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

HayneHeadbutt wrote: boo frickin hoo. Have a cry why don't you ya big sook. You don't see me having a cry about Parra's poor season.

manly- a shit team with a shit jersey and a shit home ground and supporters who cry when things don't go their way.

We made the finals,you did not
Congrats on failing to make the 8 and missing out on both Cooper Cronk and Quade Cooper,your next season will be just as craptastic
Last edited by The Eagle on Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

HayneHeadbutt wrote: boo frickin hoo. Have a cry why don't you ya big sook. You don't see me having a cry about Parra's poor season.

Oh and wait,you enter a Storm site to troll a manly fan?
you seriously need a life,how good it is to know you
didnt play this weekend,we made it FURTHER!!! LOL!!!
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Mate, I see your pain and your passion. And as much as I don't like the Manly football team, I really rate the heart in which you write with.
You love your club, and you're not affraid to show it. You're rated extrememly highly in my book mate.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JAMIE wrote: Mate, I see your pain and your passion. And as much as I don't like the Manly football team, I really rate the heart in which you write with.
You love your club, and you're not affraid to show it. You're rated extrememly highly in my book mate.
I didnt get kicked out of a stadium for mine,you did and while i have noone to take aim at,i have not
kicking you out was an absolute joke,what the did is as fail as arresting peaceful protesters
I applaud your passion to
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not much to cry about shit head..you should be used to a crap season on CHOKE-A MATTA EELS by now...ah well looks like there is always next season (parra motto since god knows when)
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now in poetry from a marvellous dead man
It summarises Manlys exit from the finals
starting in week 25

The Hollow Men

I

We are the hollow men
We are the stuffed men
Leaning together
Headpiece filled with straw. Alas!
Our dried voices, when
We whisper together
Are quiet and meaningless
As wind in dry grass
Or rats' feet over broken glass
In our dry cellar

Shape without form, shade without colour,
Paralysed force, gesture without motion;

Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us -- if at all -- not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.

II

Eyes I dare not meet in dreams
In death's dream kingdom
These do not appear:
There, the eyes are
Sunlight on a broken column
There, is a tree swinging
And voices are
In the wind's singing
More distant and more solemn
Than a fading star.

Let me be no nearer
In death's dream kingdom
Let me also wear
Such deliberate disguises
Rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves
In a field
Behaving as the wind behaves
No nearer --

Not that final meeting
In the twilight kingdom

III

This is the dead land
This is cactus land
Here the stone images
Are raised, here they receive
The supplication of a dead man's hand
Under the twinkle of a fading star.

Is it like this
In death's other kingdom
Waking alone
At the hour when we are
Trembling with tenderness
Lips that would kiss
Form prayers to broken stone.

IV

The eyes are not here
There are no eyes here
In this valley of dying stars
In this hollow valley
This broken jaw of our lost kingdoms

In this last of meeting places
We grope together
And avoid speech
Gathered on this beach of the tumid river

Sightless, unless
The eyes reappear
As the perpetual star
Multifoliate rose
Of death's twilight kingdom
The hope only
Of empty men.

V

Here we go round the prickly pear
Prickly pear prickly pear
Here we go round the prickly pear
At five o'clock in the morning.

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow

Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

For Thine is the Kingdom

For Thine is
Life is
For Thine is the

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

:lol: :lol: :lol: Excellent work by Eliot. 

I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was really particularly effective. Oh ... and er ... interesting rhythmic devices too, which seemed to counterpoint the ... er ... er  ... the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the ... er ... humanity of the ...Ah yes, Vogonity (sorry) of the poet's compassionate soul which contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into ... into ... er ... into whatever it was the poem was about!*

*what do you mean you don't know where that comes from??
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: Excellent work by Eliot. 

I thought that some of the metaphysical imagery was really particularly effective. Oh ... and er ... interesting rhythmic devices too, which seemed to counterpoint the ... er ... er  ... the surrealism of the underlying metaphor of the ... er ... humanity of the ...Ah yes, Vogonity (sorry) of the poet's compassionate soul which contrives through the medium of the verse structure to sublimate this, transcend that, and come to terms with the fundamental dichotomies of the other and one is left with a profound and vivid insight into ... into ... er ... into whatever it was the poem was about!*

*what do you mean you don't know where that comes from??
From what i can gather the poem is about our mortality as humans

Its a nice peice,very surreal,i only stumbled across it from its last few lines

Not with a bang but a whimper

(I watched The Stand,SK is a brilliant author to :),ive only had time for Under the Dome and It so far)
Last edited by The Eagle on Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

You'd probably like This be the Verse then.

(Might explain why you support the sea eagles too  ;-) )
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lol thats lima lima lima duck funny!!!

It was just annoying to go out that way,i think with a full complement....we stood a chance
even without Wolf and Stewwie.....
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

The Eagle wrote: Lol thats *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing funny!!!

It was just annoying to go out that way,i think with a full complement....we stood a chance
even without Wolf and Stewwie.....
Know what you mean, but put a positive spin on things.

You won't have to stress this week :lol:

Stress free Finals Footy is nice for a change.