What a comeback by the Raiders!!!!

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

my team is going all the way this year!!!!!!!! im so proud, nothing can stop us now  :lol:
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsucks wrote: my team is going all the way this year!!!!!!!! im so proud, nothing can stop us now  :lol:
Haha dont make me choke on my food. But seriously, goodluck if u guys make it.  However its one thing to make the finals, but another to actually compete for the prize. Do you honestly think ur team can make it all the way, or are u guys just making up the numbers?
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Freshy wrote:
stormsucks wrote: my team is going all the way this year!!!!!!!! im so proud, nothing can stop us now  :lol:
Haha dont make me choke on my food. But seriously, goodluck if u guys make it.  However its one thing to make the finals, but another to actually compete for the prize. Do you honestly think ur team can make it all the way, or are u guys just making up the numbers?
With melbourne gone raiders look to take 8th spot from the broncos i hope,which would see the dragons lose week 1
of the finals i hope,however the showing of tigers and parramatta yesterday both showed they dont deserve theyre
spot in september,8th can win but ive only seen 1 truely good performance this year and that was manly vs saints
god i wish theyd play more games like that,i havent seen it since but i know they have it in them
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well I am always optimistic but I cant see why not at this stage. We seem to be riding high on self belief and confidence and in this form I would back us to beat most of the teams in the top 8, manly and brisbane certainly
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsucks wrote: Well I am always optimistic but I cant see why not at this stage. We seem to be riding high on self belief and confidence and in this form I would back us to beat most of the teams in the top 8, manly and brisbane certainly
Not if we hit form,which is getting to seem unlikely,we need that purple patch of form circa 2008
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Yeah well its possible but just in my opinion I reckon we could knock off manly in a sudden death situation. Penrith im a little worried about though cos once they get a roll on its goodnight
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsucks wrote: Yeah well its possible but just in my opinion I reckon we could knock off manly in a sudden death situation. Penrith im a little worried about though cos once they get a roll on its goodnight
What do u think ur chances are facing off against the Dragons and Roosters?
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noncontenders

Penriff - To young and can only score from kicks,luck ends
Saint merge - Choke moar,Soward is nothing when under the pump
Tigers - Rubbish style,basketball but fail at it,again luck ends
Broncos - No stars,no chance,Lockyer wont save them and they will miss the 8
Warriors - No impact if you shut the beast down,Tony Williams done it ffs
Newcastle - Shut down the left hand side and win,Uate is the only noted scorerer
but held back by captain nuffy

Title contenders

Gold coast - Shut down prince and cambell,you win

Roosters - The count and Carney are the keys,stop them,they lose

Manly - Strong pack suffering a few injuries,Jamie Lyon and Foran are the danger men as T Rex picks up the scraps for tries
special mentions for Ballin and Matai for picking up cheap metres of non square markers

Raiders - If Campese and Dugan are in form your in for a long night,huge impact from Leyroyd Larrs,These 3 men must be
contained well,Alan "face like a dropped pie" tongue is also a danger

My guess for the gf is Manly Vs Roosters

31-24 Manly
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
stormsucks
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Well I think we have definitely shown that we have the dragons number, and yes i would back us to beat them again if it was to occur. And roosters...well I am just not convinced about them for some reason. Sorry eagle but i think there is no way that roosters will make the gf
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Roosters freefall is becoming ridiculous
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

The Eagle wrote: Noncontenders

Penriff - To young and can only score from kicks,luck ends
Saint merge - Choke moar,Soward is nothing when under the pump
Tigers - Rubbish style,basketball but fail at it,again luck ends
Broncos - No stars,no chance,Lockyer wont save them and they will miss the 8
Warriors - No impact if you shut the beast down,Tony Williams done it ffs
Newcastle - Shut down the left hand side and win,Uate is the only noted scorerer
but held back by captain nuffy

Title contenders

Gold coast - Shut down prince and cambell,you win

Roosters - The count and Carney are the keys,stop them,they lose

Manly - Strong pack suffering a few injuries,Jamie Lyon and Foran are the danger men as T Rex picks up the scraps for tries
special mentions for Ballin and Matai for picking up cheap metres of non square markers

Raiders - If Campese and Dugan are in form your in for a long night,huge impact from Leyroyd Larrs,These 3 men must be
contained well,Alan "face like a dropped pie" tongue is also a danger

My guess for the gf is Manly Vs Roosters

31-24 Manly

Some valid points, but I'm not of a mind to write the Dragons or the Tigers off just yet. The Dragons can't fall short forever, and the Tigers defence has improved quite a bit over years gone by (with the exception of a couple of games instead of half a dozen this season). Moltzen may also make a return before the semis for Wests, and he adds a great deal to team structure in attack in particular - but Lui is coming along well for a 20 year old. They did very well to beat Parra last week after bombing a couple of tries and having a 0-7 penalty count in the second half.

As for the Dragons, Hornby at 7 is competent, but can't equal the feats of a top line 7. Darius Boyd has had a very good season but has dropped off a bit in the last month. Their pack hasn't seemed as dominant in the last couple of months to me, and adjusting to Gasnier being back in the side after a couple of years away has been hindering them as well, but Bennett is a very good coach - and that might make the difference this year.

The Roosters need to click, and a loss this week could see them headed towards even missing the 8 and the Brian Smith curse continue, and the Titans are a mystery to me - I have no idea what to expect, and if they can keep the form building, confidence is priceless.

Manly could have injury smile on them or wipe the floor with them - Jamie Lyon is the one to watch IMO, and the idea of seeing the Manly back row up against their Tigers opposites is always great to watch - I thnk they are the 2 best backrow groups getting around this year.

The Raiders.... if they play the Dragons in week 1 of the semis... could do the unthinkable, but gee it's a long shot.

Even if the Storm were playing semis this year, it's wide open! The best side on the day will win and I hope we'll see a real cracker of a finals series. Best of luck to all teams, but not the one playing Wests....
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Dragons v Panthers imo. Panthers to win!
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

At this stage of the season Shane Rodneys injury looks to be as big a setback as Stewart and Wolfman
Phil "Gus" Gould

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

SPOILER **

Broncos once again played it for penalties & dirty sneaky stuff but a fading green machine lasted the distance - Don't think they'll get very far after next week though  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Eagle wrote:
stormsucks wrote: Well I am always optimistic but I cant see why not at this stage. We seem to be riding high on self belief and confidence and in this form I would back us to beat most of the teams in the top 8, manly and brisbane certainly
Not if we hit form,which is getting to seem unlikely,we need that purple patch of form circa 2008
Form? or do you mean the money you guys payed to suspend Cam Smith? hehe only joking