State of Origin - QLD or NSW?

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.

Which side do you support?

Queensland
82%
New South Wales
5%
Neither
14%

Total votes: 22
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just wondering!

Well.. i'll go first. Was born in Melbourne but moved to QLD when I was young.. and still living there now. Go the Maroons!
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I support QLD, but only because the majority of Storm players are in the Maroons side :)
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Born in Qld....will always be a Queenslander and will always hate NSW

lol like the poll results so far.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no reason, just liked qld when i was younger

but i train in a blues jersey...
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Being a Vic. I will be cheering for q'ld only cos of the storm players.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

being from victoria it is a hard choice so i went back into my family history and found that my great great great grand father was from NSW so that is my team for weds

maybe  ;-)
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Taliesin :Welsh bard/poet : also a place in the ACT . However ...................
tis sad I look in Sky Blue,so tis MAROON I'll be !
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

To quote the great Billy Moore;

Queenslander
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CJ09
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I live in melbourne and always have but i always support the maroons....lets hope they get up.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was born in Penrith NSW (lived in St Marys for over 15 years), live on the Sunshine Coast QLD (for almost 17 years now), follow the Melbourne Storm... so who to go for in Origin?  Hmmm... that's a toughie...

There never used to be a question in my mind - NSW all the way.  Now I just hope for a competitive game and pray that our boys do well, regardless of their jersey colour.  But this year, while I'll be hoping our QLD boys have great games, I'll be going for NSW for Bellamy's sake.  QLD have 3 in a row - it's NSW's turn...
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Andy
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Normally I'd go for NSW because I'm a Whitey fan, but it appears that there are no Storm players in their side this time round, so I'll be going for Storm, whoops, sorry, the Queensland team.  :P
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Although I'm Melbourne born and bred - always been a Qld fan in Origin, ever since I was a kid and they were always the underdog... Now i'm a huge Qld fan!!! (For 3 weeks a year!! lol)
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

steaming stormer wrote: always been a Qld fan in Origin, ever since I was a kid and they were always the underdog... Now i'm a huge Qld fan!!! (For 3 weeks a year!! lol)
Ever since the "true"(What's that fellas name? Inglis? The list could go on for both teams, but Qld have gotten more players incorrectly if I remember right.) origin era started in 1980, this underdog idea is a media myth. Qld have always (since 1980) had great players at their disposal. It's a shame that it's 30 years and some people still don't get it.

It would also be enlightening to recall the state of game 3 2006. One poor pass in the last few minutes was all that saved Qld from 4 losses in a row. They didn't win that series, it was gifted to them by a poor option, and this is forgotten.
At that stage, many commentators in the media were bemoaning the fact that origin seemed to be on its last legs after NSW dominance.

HOWEVER this myth of underdog status, perpetuated so effectively by Qld has the media falling over itself to proclaim a golden age for the Origin concept.

As with all the other media garbage, I'm not able to believe such tripe.
Last edited by your kettle is black on Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Qld were always the underdog, extensively based on the sheer number of players to choose from and the greater depth of NSW. 
They are now the favs, and big Mal acknowledged that much himself this morning at the origin breakfast, but to try and say they were never the underdogs I will have to disagree with you there mate. 
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]