The 2007 GF should be played at . . .

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.

Where should the 2007 GF be played?

MCG
25%
Telstra Dome
No votes
Olympic Park
6%
Princes Park
6%
Telstra Stadium
63%

Total votes: 16
Goat
Squall
Squall

My vote is for the G.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You can't be serious?

What are you smoking....Goat weed?
Goat
Squall
Squall

I don't see why the GF shouldn't be in Melbourne when the Storm get into the GF . . . It's our home city . . .  so we should put the NRL final here.
lotti

yeah but it's not the NRL's home, if we get into the top 4 the Storm get a home final.  Goal how would you feel if the AFL grand final was played elsewhere?  The only major NRL games that get played down here are a Tri-Nations test and a State Of Origin, there's no guarentee that the Storm(guys just being realistic, it's still early in the season) will even make the Grand Final.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Goat wrote: I don't see why the GF shouldn't be in Melbourne when the Storm get into the GF . . . It's our home city . . .  so we should put the NRL final here.
You seriously are lacking a brain.  What about the other team?  Do they come from Melbourne?

The NRL Grand Final is Telstra Stadium.  Booked, paid for and locked in.  You can't change it, so move on GOAT.

If anywhere is going to see a GF, it might be Suncorp but that's years away.  Most of us just want to see how team make up for last years loss...that this sort of trollup just pisses people off.
glynny
Squall
Squall

How many reasons do you want me to list as to why it should not or will not be played in melbourne. I personally would love it to be down here but we are only looking at the small picture these below are just some reasons why it will not.
The games biggest market (by far) is sydney and by moving it they will loose big time from that market fans, sponsors, majority of clubs etc.
What would happen to the premier league and jersey flegg grand finals they won't fly them down here.
The grand final breakfast which is a huge tradition in sydney.
It's on the sunday night of a long weekend of sydney to look after their main market and not convenient to take the kids to a grand final at night with school the next morning.
As both sides will not be from melbourne we are looking thru one eye to suggest that we should have automatic right to a home grand final in one of their smaller markets.
What happens of it's (hope not) dragons vs cowboys grand final they wouldn't go any where near filling the MCG where they know they'll fill telstra stadium regardless just look at last year.
Sydney's the traditional home of the game
and last but not least $$$$. I think that's most of the reasons that it will not happen within the next 20 years or so
Go the mighty storm.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

since you're :fishing: for bites  :roll: Why did you leave off that wonderful,purpose built stadium at Wembley
Let's not let a piddling thing like distance stand in the way of a good troll thread Image
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I vote for Suncorp stadium myself...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Goat
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote: yeah but it's not the NRL's home, if we get into the top 4 the Storm get a home final.  Goal how would you feel if the AFL grand final was played elsewhere?  The only major NRL games that get played down here are a Tri-Nations test and a State Of Origin, there's no guarentee that the Storm(guys just being realistic, it's still early in the season) will even make the Grand Final.
The Storm should make the grannie . . . I wouldn't mind the AFL GF being played in the highest finishing GF team's home ground if it was big enough . . . no problem with that at all . . .
Goat
Squall
Squall

glynny wrote: How many reasons do you want me to list as to why it should not or will not be played in melbourne. I personally would love it to be down here but we are only looking at the small picture these below are just some reasons why it will not.
The games biggest market (by far) is sydney and by moving it they will loose big time from that market fans, sponsors, majority of clubs etc.
What would happen to the premier league and jersey flegg grand finals they won't fly them down here.
The grand final breakfast which is a huge tradition in sydney.
It's on the sunday night of a long weekend of sydney to look after their main market and not convenient to take the kids to a grand final at night with school the next morning.
As both sides will not be from melbourne we are looking thru one eye to suggest that we should have automatic right to a home grand final in one of their smaller markets.
What happens of it's (hope not) dragons vs cowboys grand final they wouldn't go any where near filling the MCG where they know they'll fill telstra stadium regardless just look at last year.
Sydney's the traditional home of the game
and last but not least $$$$. I think that's most of the reasons that it will not happen within the next 20 years or so

Why did not $$$ come into consideration last week when you were arguing for a primetime Storm game?  Let's be consistent shall we? 

I am arguing for an MCG home GF cos its a big enough ground and people will come.  We didn't have a VIC team in the State of Origin but it still filled the Dome.
Goat
Squall
Squall

Diehard_Storm wrote:
Goat wrote: I don't see why the GF shouldn't be in Melbourne when the Storm get into the GF . . . It's our home city . . .  so we should put the NRL final here.
You seriously are lacking a brain.  What about the other team?  Do they come from Melbourne?

The NRL Grand Final is Telstra Stadium.  Booked, paid for and locked in.  You can't change it, so move on GOAT.

If anywhere is going to see a GF, it might be Suncorp but that's years away.  Most of us just want to see how team make up for last years loss...that this sort of trollup just pisses people off.
There's no need to make fun of me.

The "highest finishing team in the GF" should host the GF . . . therefore if Melbourne Storm finishes first and Manly 2nd then they play the GF in Melbourne.

It should be changed sooner rather than later.  I must say, I don't understand the opposition to the possibility of a Melbourne GF . . . I thought we would all agree or at least give the idea a chance . . .?
Goat
Squall
Squall

bourbon_rat wrote: since you're :fishing: for bites  :roll: Why did you leave off that wonderful,purpose built stadium at Wembley
Let's not let a piddling thing like distance stand in the way of a good troll thread Image
If Wembley had a team in the NRL, sure .  .  .?
lotti

Goat wrote:
lotti wrote: yeah but it's not the NRL's home, if we get into the top 4 the Storm get a home final.  Goal how would you feel if the AFL grand final was played elsewhere?  The only major NRL games that get played down here are a Tri-Nations test and a State Of Origin, there's no guarentee that the Storm(guys just being realistic, it's still early in the season) will even make the Grand Final.
The Storm should make the grannie . . . I wouldn't mind the AFL GF being played in the highest finishing GF team's home ground if it was big enough . . . no problem with that at all . . .
The NRL also has to think about the other team(which could very well be a team from Sydney) such as when the Broncos and the Cowboys played in a final both teams agreed that the final should be moved to QLD instead of being played in Sydney.  It's not like Soccer where the highest ranking team gets a home grand final, the NRL Grand Final has always been in Sydney just as the AFL Grand Final has always been in Melbourne the only thing that will cause the NRL Grand Final to be moved would be for something major to happen to Telstra Stadium if that happens then it would be moved to the home ground of one of the Sydney based teams, if they're not availible then it would be moved to Bruce Stadium in Canberra, if that's not availible then the NRL would be looking at one of the venues they use for trial games, if they're not availible then it would be up to QLD to host the Grand Final and only if one of the NRL venues in that state was unavailible then it would be moved down here.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

lotti, I hardly think the NRL would host a grand final at a venue where they have trial games  :lol: :lol:

Grand finals need to be at venues which hold at least 70k - seriously.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
lotti

yeah but they could get desperate for a NSW based venue and I don't think all the Sydney based NRL venues would be unavailible at the same time, they could also go to the SCG before they went to Bruce Stadium.  Tigger prior to Telstra Stadium being finished they held them at Aussie Stadium(formerly the Sydney Football Stadium) which has the capacity of 42,000.
Last edited by lotti on Wed May 02, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.