WCC televised ?

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Down the bottom of the new jersey article on the Broncos website it says................
The Broncos will use the new jersey for the first time when they play the trial match in Wales on Thursday, with Australian viewers to get their first look when the World Club Challenge match against St Helens is broadcast by Channel Nine on the morning of February 24.
A live telecast would put it at 7AM,(children's television time slot for Saturday AM)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hmm, that's interesting. I just saw an ad during The Back Page saying the WCC will be exclusive on Fox Sports 2.
Pal
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

That's a shame Surandy.  I remember last year the WCC was telecast live on 9, that was a pleasant surprise.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Pal wrote: That's a shame Surandy.  I remember last year the WCC was telecast live on 9, that was a pleasant surprise.
Strangely the February Foxtel Magazine has it listed as being televised at 12pm on Feb 24. That's not live so who knows? Guess we'll find out in the next day or two when the TV guide is available.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

We have our answer:
6:50 am
Channel Nine Melbourne

World Club Challenge Rugby League - St Helens V Broncos  (130 mins)
Genre: Sport

Tune in for all the live action as St Helens takes on the Broncos from Reebok Stadium, Lancashire. Join your hosts Andrew Voss, Phil Gould and Peter Sterling for all the World Club Challenge Rugby League action.
Hmm, so that would mean an 8pm kick off (their time) if it is being televised live.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Hmm, so that would mean an 8pm kick off (their time) if it is being televised live.
Correct http://www.superleague.co.uk/splash/
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great to see some Rugby League again and even greater to see the Ponies go down to St Helens. I am just spewing that Hodges didn't get smashed!

It was a good tight game but once again the officials were crappy, at one stage they were trying hard to help the Broncos along. Touchie at the bottom of the screen ruling St Helens goal line dropout even though the ball was not touched by St Helens (fortunately Clark went to the video ref to double check and correctly overruled the touchie) and later a blatant forward pass was allowed which led to a Broncos try.

For those that didn't see live on Ch9, Fox Sports are replaying the game on FS1 at 12pm and on FS3 at 7:30pm.

Final score was 18 to 14 in favour of St Helens. I was glad of the result as Broncos didn't deserve to win, that should have been our boys over there and winning.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: Great to see some Rugby League again and even greater to see the Ponies go down to St Helens. I am just spewing that Hodges didn't get smashed!
I'd liked to have seen 'em BOTH lose but that wasn't possible  :icon_frown:
Seeing the 'scouse scrum',(St Helens) beat a full strength Broncos AGAIN !! was mildly amusing.
that should have been our boys over there and winning.
We did convincingly in 2000 - UNLIKE BRISBANE  ;D
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Waking to read of the result, i wasn't surprised at all. Whilst the Broncos won last years grand final and will go down in history as "the best team of 2006," we all know they weren't. Things just went their way (and we was robbed, robbed i tell ya  :lol: ) on that first Sunday in October. It shoulda been our boys over there and i seriously believe we woulda won too...
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hailstorm wrote: Waking to read of the result, i wasn't surprised at all. Whilst the Broncos won last years grand final and will go down in history as "the best team of 2006," we all know they weren't. Things just went their way (and we was robbed, robbed i tell ya  :lol: ) on that first Sunday in October. It shoulda been our boys over there and i seriously believe we woulda won too...
yes, yes we were. :(

(I still remember the shocked look on your face Steve - and I still swear uncontrollably to this day! :evil:)
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Insomniac wrote:(I still remember the shocked look on your face Steve - and I still swear uncontrollably to this day! :evil:)
:'(  :'(  :'(  :'( I have to agree on the swearing bit too...  :x  :x  :x