Letter of support of Bulldogs players from Plantation Hotel

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I found this on another forum and as the original poster said "Thought some people would like to read this so that they may make a better judgment on whether or not they believe everything that is being reported in the media."

The text of the letter:

Dear Mr Mortimer

ALLEGED INCIDENTS: PLANTATION HOTEL, COFFS HARBOUR

I am the licensee of the Plantation Hotel, Coffs Harbour (the "Hotel"). I understand that the club is conducting an independant investigation into the behaviour of certain of its footballters at the Hotel during their recent visit to Coffs Harbour.

While I have no knowledge of the players' behaviour at other licensed premises, I am certainly well qualified to comment upon their behaviour while at the Hotel.

I have read a number of newspaper articles over the past 10 days and feel that it is my responsibility to let you know, in the light of your independant investigation, that from my observations and discussions with staff and security personnel at the Hotel, the reports, so far as they relate to the players' behaviour at the Hotel, are thoroughly incorrect.

I was so disappointed with the inaccuracies of the reporting that on Tuesday last, I phoned the journalist responsible for the report in the Sydney Morning Herald of that day, to inform her of the inaccuracies contained in the article. I left a contact number and gave the reason for my telephone contact, but I have not received a reply. It occured to me, suffice it to say, that the journalist might not have been all that interested in the truth of the matter.

Simply put, it has been asserted in various of the newspapers that:

1. the Bulldogs players were drunk and insulting at the Hotel;
2. there was a fight between two Bulldogs players on the dance floor;
3. up to five Bulldogs players were evicted from the Hotel; and
4. the Bulldogs grabbed and made a number of lewd suggestions to women at the Hotel.

I can say categorically that:

1. the players were not drunk, disorderly of insulting while at the Hotel;
2. there were no fights involving bulldog players in the Hotel that night;
3. no Bulldogs player; were evicted from the hotel
4. I did not see, nor did anyone complain to me or a member of my staff, about behaviour of the Bulldogs while at the Hotel; and
5. indeed, staff, regular customers and the Bulldogs had a most enjoyable night.

I trust this information will assist you in your Club's investigation.

Yours sincerely
Harry Barry
Licensee
Plantation Hotel Coffs Harbour
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

If that letter is not fake, then this type of alibi and its non reporting by newspapers is far more shameful than the actual alleged events.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I think that letter was printed in the Daily Telegraph a few days after it was posted here, so it's out in the open.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]