NRL Season 2020

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mary McGreggor sacked this morning. Interim replacement is Dean Young. Speculation that the Dragons and Shane Flanagan are trying to convince the NRL to overturn his coaching ban.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously to anyopne with a working brain, that is a horrible idea... but I don't have confidence that anyone at NRL HQ actually has a working brain.

This is the bloke that oversaw a systematic performance enhancing drug program that completely embarrassed the game. The same guy ran a systematic salary cap rort, where players were literally paid in brown paper bags. For years... And during his minimal ban for the drugs saga, he continued to make decisions and run the football department against the NRL's clear ban. He hid that, lied about it and refused to cooperate.

THIS is the guy that the Dragons want to lead their club.

If the NRL allows it, I don't even know what to say.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The guy shouldn't be involved in the game at ANY level let alone be a head coach.

NRL is joke, if they allow this they may as well sign up the East German doctors of the 70s on the NRL medical advisory board.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pole wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:06 pm
yourhero wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:48 pm Pangai Jnr leaking this after getting the arse?
Wouldn;t be surprised.

I honeslty hope its found that it was during a time they were allowed to visit the pub, the league doesn't need any more pressure like this.
Police concluded there was no breach of COVID restrictions, but league is still looking at whether the NRL bubble was breached.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

THe more I watch the Proctor incident the more I think he is innocent, will be very interesting what happens tonight.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:42 amTHe more I watch the Proctor incident the more I think he is innocent, will be very interesting what happens tonight.
I can't see how he is found guilty tbh. I haven't seen a single clip that shows him closing his jaw in a biting motion. A fair argument could be mounted that Johnson felt Proctor's bottom teeth due to his own actions of illegally pushing his forearm into Proctor's face and mouth.

The fact that he didn't vehemently deny it to the ref immediately and instead said, "You were choking me" is the only part that doesn't look good for him IMO.

If they try to argue that he couldn't breathe and was protecting himself, that is essentially an admission of guilt.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Broncos will reportedly finally drop Brodie Croft this week... Hello darkness my old friend...

But he's their club captain!!! :lol:
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Seibold finally gone!

Took them long enough!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Such an awkward situation all round... 5 year contract, sacked less than two years in. Having to pay out between $1M-$2M for him to walk away, then pay a new coach on top of that over the same period.

The lowest point in the clubs history. What an unbelievable year.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I had a good lol at this.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brilliant
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

How good were Souths last night? Theyve won their last 4-5, hopefully their run ends with us next week.

ALso, how good was it to see Parra towled up like that after their antics against us last week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very enjoyable.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is almost a certainty that the Panthers have the Minor Premiership sewn up.

They are 3 points clear on top and play the bottom three teams and the out of form Eels in their run to finals;
R17 - Broncos (15th) - I think they will get the spoon.
R18 - Eels (3rd) - 3rd but struggling... Flogged 38-0 last week and have looked rubbish for the past month.
R19 - Cowboys (14th) - In competition with the Broncos and the Dogs for the spoon.
R20 - Bulldogs (16th) - Running last but only need one win to put the Broncos there...

They could rest players and still win the MP.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah, unfortunately I don't think we will be winning the mighty JJ Giltinan Shield this year, unless Penrith massively implode. I think they've had an easier draw, and luck with injuries, but I guess the main prize will be decided in October.