NRL Season 2020

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought it might be worth starting a thread to discuss general NRL news and matches not featuring Melbourne for this season.

Who saw the Broncos last night? THey have forgotten how to win, the pain continues!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I find them almost unwatchable at the moment. It's like they'd rather be anywhere else.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Agree with you there, especially if you look at their performance against Wests 2 weeks ago. Although I thought they had a crack last night, they are just really bad.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was an interesting round just gone. Some of the competition heavyweights barely got the job done...

The Roosters were exceptionally lucky to get away with a win against the Titans by 6. The Titans had a try disallowed and the Roosters were awarded one off a Tom Brady special forward pass.

The Raiders barely held on to beat the 13th placed Cowboys by 2 points.

The Eels were very lucky to get away with their 2 point win against the 16th placed Bulldogs as well.

The Panthers on the other hand looked red hot. I thought the Sea Eagles might trouble them, but they completely dismantled them.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m actually enjoying watching the panthers play...they seem to be a happy bunch
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/parramatta ... 630e9e1af0

This could be a gold medallist in the category of mental gymnastics
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What's everyone's thoughts on the 2 week suspension for covid breaches handed to Wayne Bennett? Considering he hasn't been apologetic for jeopardising the season and wrote the rules, I'm not sure it's enough.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He wrote the rules...if he forgot then then he is losing it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was part if the project Apollo task force that wrote the rules. Most likely he just thinks they don't apply to him and why would he, he gets away with everything because his buddies in the media cover his tracks.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When has Bennett ever admitted fault and been genuinely remorseful of anything?
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What did everyone think of the ROosters vs Dragons games? Roosters just too organised. Can;t believe the Dragons kept letting those bombs hit the deck... Isn;t that rugby league 101... dont let the kick bounce?

Interesting;y they were mentioning the Roosters may be in "a heavy training load" in preparation for the finals. They went through a lean patch last season in late May/early June around round 12-14ish then won all but 1 of their last 8 games before finals. I understand that, and have heard teams doing this to make sure they are best prepared for finals... but this season its not like the Roosters are guaranteed top 4 so it would be a bit risky. Personally I think they are beatable this year come finals.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 pm What's everyone's thoughts on the 2 week suspension for covid breaches handed to Wayne Bennett? Considering he hasn't been apologetic for jeopardising the season and wrote the rules, I'm not sure it's enough.
Foxx and Latrell got $ 50K fines for breaking Covid rules; Bennett - who is on Project Apollo and helped helped MAKE the rules gets a slap on the wrist. Disgraceful.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/28/mit ... 0offences.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:30 pm
Mattpoet wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:02 pm What's everyone's thoughts on the 2 week suspension for covid breaches handed to Wayne Bennett? Considering he hasn't been apologetic for jeopardising the season and wrote the rules, I'm not sure it's enough.
Foxx and Latrell got $ 50K fines for breaking Covid rules; Bennett - who is on Project Apollo and helped helped MAKE the rules gets a slap on the wrist. Disgraceful.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/04/28/mit ... 0offences.
Agree, very soft penalty for Bennett.

PS- Warriors making a late charge for finals!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:01 pm When has Bennett ever admitted fault and been genuinely remorseful of anything?
Very true. He's the ultimate deflector.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Panthers looking very good at the moment, probably only team without any major injuries if I'm not mistaken?