Ex Storm Players 2018

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bored. So did an ex-Storm side:

1 - Drinkwater
2 - Arthurs
3 - O'Neill
4 - Scott
5 - Mann
6 - Green
7 - Croft
8 - Tolman
9 - Turpin
10 - McLean
11 - Proctor
12 - Harris
13 - Glasby

14 - Hampton
15 - Blair
16 - Britt
17 - Guerra

Others - Hunt, Stimson, Nicholls
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Walker over Croft
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad should be in 17 ahead of Arthars.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crazy isn’t it ...nearly a storm player in every team
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scott has been dropped by the Raiders. That didn't take long
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Former Storm / Thunderbolts winger Junior Ratuva has signed with NZ Warriors until end of 2022.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome ...he got heaps of try’s
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Beau Fermor to debut for Titans today
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:04 pm Beau Fermor to debut for Titans today
Wow I normally remember all our Tbolts ...I can’t remember him...either way go beau
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suggestions repeated head knocks may force Tim Glasby into early retirement. Hope it's not true.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very sad

Also congrats to Aidan guerra on 200 games ...literally thought he played first grade with us but apparently he didn’t this literally has blown my mind
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wasn't there bad blood because he didn't?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:17 pm Very sad

Also congrats to Aidan guerra on 200 games ...literally thought he played first grade with us but apparently he didn’t this literally has blown my mind
Sallymay Guerra had been with us for approx 4 years but for two of those he was injured. He had never played first grade for us. In 2009 he was playing with the Central Coast Storm in the NSW Cup. Midway through 2009 Guerra told the Storm he had signed a deal with the Roosters. Craig Bellamy said that Guerra wasn't in line to play first grade at Storm and dropped him from Central Coast Storm and told Guerra he could play for Sunbury in VRL for rest of the season.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently he was on our books since he was 15, so in the end 6 years. He had an unbelieveable run of injuries - just constant, one after the other. Broke the same ankle 3 times, the last one requiring serious surgery. He finally started to get his body right in his sixth year (2009) when he signed with the Roosters. Bellamy was furious. I think it was just the fact that Bellamy felt he had looked after him, signed him on numerous times despite serious injuries and when he could finally contribute, instead of paying back the club that had looked out for him, he cracked the sh*ts he wasn't given an immediate opportunity and signed elsewhere.

I remember Bellamy speaking about it ahead of Guerra's Origin debut. Something along the lines of "There is no bad blood and wish him all the best, he has got there through hard work, etc. When he left it was so bitterly disappointing because he was held in high regard".
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wasn't he one of the very few players that have signed with another club before telling Craig. He was told to play with VRL because he broke the rule, "We can't keep everyone, I know there might be better reasons to leave than stay, just tell me first before you sign anything." There has only been a couple of players that have done that and Craig is never impressed. I think Croft had his coffee shop meeting with Broncos coach and neglected to tell Craig about it first.