Cooper Cronk confirms he will play on with a Sydney club in season 2018

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

or maybe Cam simply wanted a family holiday seeing as he spend 10 months a year away from the family playing all levels of Rugby League.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:It's a bit bizarre that you'd miss a good mates wedding because of a family holiday or a rift. Maybe it turns out they all hate each other haha.
Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen hated each other.

Kobe and Shaq hated each other.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You'd think we'd have heard anything in the last decade plus if that was the case.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy was definitely there.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thurston wasn't there either. According to everyone Thurston/Cronk are best buddies. Maybe Smith/Thurston were invited but just could not make it. Thursday afternoon ten days from Christmas people could have other plans.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Chambers and his wife were also there. I have seen there Instagram posts.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Seemed a pretty quick fire wedding, I know Cooper only had a bit of a window of opportunity timewise given the World Cup and the new team but I wonder if Tara is pregnant.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cameron and Cooper don't put up much personal stuff on instagram. Kinda think that both are business first, second and third.

Billy Slater and Will Chambers and a few of the boys have more personal stuff so you can get a bit of a feel for how they think and how they are feeling.

Cameron is corporate. Cooper is business. Who knows if they ever really gave two hoots about each other except for their ability to help each other on the field?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wont name names but a storm staffer was asked today at the training if they went and this person said no one at the club apart from Billy Will and Craig were invited ...they said its been icy the last few months at storm between players and cooper

not sure if I believe it as I got this second hand from someone I know who tends to make up stuff a bit but she was having a convo with this staffer jus before I arrived to who knows
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

the ruthlessness of guys like Cronk means that they don't really have friends.

I mean, look at his life, he has had to jump from one set of friends to another to another to another in his life and when he no longer has use for them, he just moves on to the next group while disposing of the last.

But that is what most top line athletes in teams do.

As well as talent you need to have a huge Ego and a ruthlessness that will cut everything else out of your life to try and achieve success....

including people.

Cronk optimized this for his whole career.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Geez you sure talk some crap.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk was ruthless. the ultimate professional. When he got to the Storm he wasn't even a half back. He had little natural talent, certainly not like Cam Smith or Billy Slater. But Cooper Cronk crafted himself. In a ruthless manner. working on his game hour after hour; day after day and doing nothing much else. and he kept to himself so that he basically had no friends outslde of the boys he played footy with at the Melbourne Storm. He certainly had no other friends in Melbourne. Heck at one stage people thought he was a homosexual because he kept to himself so much. That is the ruthless way he acted to improve himself.

Now the whole of the Melbourne experience and 12 years of his life is gone. He moves on with his new wife Tara and that ruthless attitude as a Sydney Rooster. But not one of his new teammates will be his friends.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron, you are entitled to your opinion.

But I don't think that is what this is. I think this is a deliberate attempt to upset some long standing members of this message board by posting unsubstantiated rubbish. And that's called trolling.

Consider this a formal warning.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

To be fair, I don't think Cameron is trolling: I think he's just legit bat$h!t crazy sauce.