Cooper Cronk confirms he will play on with a Sydney club in season 2018

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Danger D wrote:To be fair, I don't think Cameron is trolling: I think he's just legit bat$h!t crazy sauce.
The second does not necessarily preclude the first.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he's trolling. No doubt about it.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
Danger D wrote:To be fair, I don't think Cameron is trolling: I think he's just legit bat$h!t crazy sauce.
The second does not necessarily preclude the first.
Fair call.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I Love this. This is the way I will always think about Cooper.

And I think it sums it up how Cooper will always feel about us too.

We are family.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/purplepride?src=hash
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper Cronk has revealed his wife Tara Rushton is pregnant...

Congratulations to both.

They didn't muck around.

CRONK REVEALS WIFE TARA IS PREGNANT
FOX Sports star Tara Rushton and her footy player husband Cooper Cronk are expecting their first child. The new Roosters recruit confirmed the news to The Sunday Telegraph.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/cooper ... 8e7325529a

Cooper Cronk and Tara Rushton are expecting their first child together

NRL star Cooper Cronk has revealed that he and his Fox Sports presenter wife Tara Rushton are expecting their first child together.

The search for Cronk replacement continues for the Storm

NRL star Cooper Cronk has revealed that he and his wife Tara Rushton are expecting their first child together.

Rushton, 33, is due to give birth in August and while keeping the pregnancy a closely guarded secret, the couple are excited to finally share the news.

“We are excited to confirm that we are expecting our first child,” Cronk told the Sunday Telegraph.

“We are both over the moon and very much looking forward to what the future holds.”

Since the news broke, the couple have been showered with well wishes and congratulations on social media.

Cronk quit Melbourne Storm after last year’s grand final win and 13 seasons with the club.

He hinted at starting a family then, saying “Tara my fiancee is based in Sydney and there are a few things in life that are more important than football, like family, getting married and a future.

The 34-year-old married Rushton in a low-key ceremony in December last year, where guests noticed the bride was not drinking any alcohol.

Cronk made the change to the Sydney club to accommodate his new wife’s Sydney based career and family.

Rushton told her Fox Sports bosses about her pregnancy last week and will not travel to the World Cup in Russia in June.

Jim Vala @Jimvala1

Wow! Congrats @TaraRushton
My question is which ball sport will the little bub love more?#Football or #RugbyLeague???
https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/statu ... 8866529282

7:49 AM - Feb 18, 2018

Andrew Holmes @ajholmes75

Biggest congrats to @TaraRushton & #coopercronk - delightful people #babycronk @FOXFOOTBALL

7:51 AM - Feb 18, 2018 · Melbourne, Victoria
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't get it. I mean, she's cute but she's no Yvonne Sampson.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/nrl/i-v ... 4z1hf.html

'I've never been happier': Cronk crows about Roosters

Cooper Cronk accepts that the Sydney Roosters may not immediately gel with the star-studded additions of him and James Tedesco but has left no doubt about how well he has fitted in at the tri-colours, saying he has never been happier both personally and professionally.
After weeks of speculation late last year about him continuing his career in Sydney, then his high-profile signing by the competition heavyweights, Cronk will finally run out as a Rooster for the first time on Saturday night in a trial against Manly at Gosford.

With the acquisition of the World Cup-winning halfback and State of Origin fullback Tedesco it is little wonder that Trent Robinson's men are premiership favourites, slightly more favoured than Cronk's alma mater, Melbourne, and the Johnathan Thurston and Michael Morgan-led juggernaut at North Queensland.
High expectations are not exactly new to Cronk, however, and he enters his first outing in the NRL in colours other than the Storm's believing the Roosters have got the miles in the legs to live up to their lofty ambitions.
"There might be some cohesion issues in the first part of the year but it won't be an excuse," Cronk said at the club's season launch.
"We'll roll the sleeves up, we'll get some hard work done and hopefully we'll hit the ground running not only this weekend but at the start of the year."
Cronk was always coming to Sydney to live closer to his fiancee Tara Rushton, who he has since married and with whom he is expecting his first child. The question was only whether he would retire to a career in television, business or both, or tackle another pre-season and continue on with what he does best.
What is clear as round one draws closer is that after opting for a 15th and 16th season in the NRL by signing a two-year contract with the Roosters, he has never looked back.
"I've never been happier and life's really enjoyable," he said, speaking to club legend Anthony Minichiello as the Roosters launched their campaign on Thursday night.
"Obviously on a personal front there's been a few things like getting married. But professionally it's been unreal as well. Hopefully that sets up for a pretty exciting and happy 2018."
Having won multiple grand finals with the Storm, not to mention his decorated career with Queensland and Australia, the 34-year-old has little left to prove but is not one to rely on reputation alone.
It is an outlook, engineered by years of utter professionalism under the watch of Craig Bellamy, that has aligned well with the high standards set by Robinson.
"The [Roosters] group from the outside looking in, it's always been a proud club that works hard," Cronk said.
"But once you sort of get into the nitty gritty things ... they love the hard work, they never shy away from their responsibilities. Monday to Friday is a grind, and it's really hard. But the whole idea of having a good season is having a tremendous pre-season.
"To date I think we've done that. Let's hope we can go out on the weekend and iron out some of the cobwebs.
"Hopefully I can stay out of the way of chaos this weekend with the big boppers from Manly, but other than that I'm really looking forward to making some tackles, getting tackled and hopefully working on those combinations."
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yeah...can we just let him and it go now...

Croft/Hughes/Munster/Jacks are the Storm future.

let's move on.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

How can you? He is a Club legend.

And his story is unique in sports history.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Storm Spirit wrote:yeah...can we just let him and it go now...

Croft/Hughes/Munster/Jacks are the Storm future.

let's move on.

Amen
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The only time we play the Roosters this year is during the Origin period.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk will play that game as he does not play origin any more
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

And that is when "the hype" will really ramp up.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe he won't travel to Adelaide. As his wife will be late into her pregnancy and he might be needed at home. In other words she will not let him go. He seems to make all the changes and moves to accommodate her.