Cooper Cronk confirms he will play on with a Sydney club in season 2018

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Totally over Cronk and his new found soap opera life. Can we have this thread moved to another board?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:
Lucas wrote:Totally over Cronk and his new found soap opera life. Can we have this thread moved to another board?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Super Cooper Cronk will always be aligned with us along his journey.

One day when he is retired; he will come home and we will all love him again.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:Super Cooper Cronk will always be aligned with us along his journey.

One day when he is retired; he will come home and we will all love him again.
Yep and until then, he can quite frankly get stuffed.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Isn't that what happened to his wife. And why he is in Sydney in the first place?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

At last Lucas somebody has said it. I agree 1000%
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

You can't have more than 100% agreement.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Lucas wrote:Totally over Cronk and his new found soap opera life. Can we have this thread moved to another board?
Yes.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/ ... 913a9ff011

Cronk said of the public perception of his move to the glamour Sydney club, “If people like me or hate me, it’s not going to change how I do my job.” He talked about one-percenters. He talked about hard work being more important than “secret plans or magic potions” to successful clubs. He talked about how he and the Storm knew each other inside out and how there would be “natural competitiveness” when they met in round 16 in June.

Like, if I don’t do every set I’m meant to do on the bench press, it’s going to cost me and my team when we need it the most in the 78th minute of a game. You can talk about anybody who’s good at what they do, in and outside of sport, and there’s parallels between them. They don’t take short cuts professionally.”

Cronk has come to the Roosters after an impeccable career with the Melbourne Storm that earned him 323 NRL matches, 38 Tests, 22 Origins, two Dally M Medals, the Clive Churchill Medal and the Golden Boot.
“Do you have a burger at home every now and again? Of course you do,” Cronk said. “Do you have a soft drink the morning after you’ve had a few beers the night before? Of course you do. But you have the beers at the right time, when it doesn’t jeopardise your performance or harm your team. And you have the burger after a game, when you’ve burned enough calories. But am I going to have Maccas the night before a game? No. There’s right and wrong choices as an athlete. When you look in the mirror, you know exactly whether you’ve done the right or wrong thing.”

He added: “Have I had a beer too many? Plenty of times. I got married recently. I had my bucks night. We won the World Cup. I’ve gone to a couple of weddings in the off-season, of course you have too much of certain things at certain times. But it’s all about life balance.

“That’s actually one reason why I’m grateful for my wife (Tara Rushton) in my life. Prior to that, I was very selfish about my approach to footy. Very selfish. One-eyed. Tunnel vision.

“She showed me that life balance has just as big an influence on performance as lifting weights or doing ice baths at training.

“At 34, you need that right balance. I’ve been playing first grade for 14 years. It probably took me 11 years to work out the balance. But would I swap those first 11 years? No. It’s money in the bank, those first 11 years of hard work, getting to know yourself and getting to know what’s right and wrong.”
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/coach- ... 4z30g.html

Coach Cronk already paying off for Chooks
By Matt Encarnacion6 March 2018 — 10:33am

Cooper Cronk's lucrative signing may already be paying dividends, with young centre Joseph Manu set to regain his starting spot for the Sydney Roosters' NRL season-opener against Wests Tigers.

Despite appearing in 16 games last year, Manu was overlooked for last year's finals series as coach Trent Robinson gambled on playing second-rower Ryan Matterson in the three-quarter line.
"I finished playing for Wyong and yeah it was a little bit frustrating. I was all over the place, but that was up to me. I didn't play consistent," Manu told AAP.
"My defence wasn't good, most of my tackling. It's something I've tried to work on in the pre-season. Obviously in the centres it's important to make your tackles."
With the help of former Kangaroos and Queensland staple in Cronk, Manu is confident he has addressed some of the defensive issues that resulted in his axing last year.
The pair will line-up alongside each other on a dangerous right edge that includes incumbent NSW representative Blake Ferguson.

"He's pretty much like a coach, or at least he sounds like one. He knows everything, we've pretty much got two coaches now with him and 'Robbo' (Trent Robinson)," Manu said.
"He's the best halfback in the world and playing with the best half is pretty crazy. I watched him a lot when I was young. He teaches me heaps of stuff, he teaches lots of players."
The 21-year-old has also taken inspiration from centre partner Latrell Mitchell, who was also dropped midway through last year due to poor form before bouncing back late in the season.
He was arguably the Roosters' best in the finals.
"I always knew he was going to bounce back. It's just what's inside you, what your mind's like. It's tough getting dropped, it's tough in the NRL in general," Manu said.
"But I learnt you've got to be strong, have the belief in yourself and know that you're a good player. I'm feeling a lot better about my defence this year so I'm looking forward to a good season."
AAP