Roos v Lions (spoiler)

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well done GB.

Better attack and great defence. Australia played well but not quite to their best.

My MOM would be Carney.

On the whole, very disappointed with Australia. I think Scott Hill will be incredibly fortunate if Bennett ever lets him wear the green and gold again.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It could quite have been a totally different result if Orford and King had been selected for the tour instead of Bennett's Bronco inclusions and Noddy!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scott Hill :roll: I dont think he would be feeling to good about himself at the moment. What a goose.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

How good was that fight though, Omeley went nuts.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

simo wrote:Scott Hill :roll: I dont think he would be feeling to good about himself at the moment. What a goose.
How many times has that 'casual' pass cost Storm :roll:

If GB can maintain that team defensive attittude,then it should be a great final !!
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gotta love the british defense. Carney, Farrell, Bailey, & co. they played like no other Lions team i've ever seen. Funnily enough, I failed to see GB's only NRL player anywhere on the park. :shock:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

PD wrote:
simo wrote:Scott Hill :roll: I dont think he would be feeling to good about himself at the moment. What a goose.
How many times has that 'casual' pass cost Storm :roll:

If GB can maintain that team defensive attittude,then it should be a great final !!
Until that "great" pass I thought Australia were still a slim chance of coming up with a draw, after that I just felt like turning the tv off, but I stuck it out til full time.

Scott Hill must lead the NRL in try assists for opposing teams. :roll:

Well done to GB, they played great. It really goes to show that the level of competition is so much closer.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hill to me simply looked like he lacked gametime in big games.
I think it was just another case of Hill talking himself up but not performing.
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This was a obviously a good result for GB, but it was also a good result for the competition and world RL. It means that any result is possible in the final. It could go either way. As this was the first win by GB over Australia in three years I'd still make the Aussies favourites for the final.
I'm so pleased I got our Final tickets a few days ago. I'm looking forward to the Elland Road match. I guess the RFL will sell a lot of tickets this week.
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/MelbourneStorm/Storm-Prmiers-Badge-80-per-cent.gif[/img]  [img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/FeatherstoneRovers/Fev-Button-NL2-Winnersby-G-Las-D.jpg[/img]
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought it was a great game , yes great defense by GB..and Brian Carney..what a game did this guy have ?? I thought Scott Hill played really well , and that little pass , well at the stage of the game they were at , if that pass had gone to who it was intended for , well then it could have been a try the other way and then it would have been the pass of the century , you can go from hero to villian in a split second..Kieth Senior was just in the right position to intercept and the rest they say is history !!
It has made for a very intereting final though :shock: :shock: :shock:
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rose Madder wrote:Kieth Senior was just in the right position to intercept and the rest they say is history !!
This is what I don't get. How can it be labelled an intercept when the ball was thrown straight to him???

If the ball was thrown to someone else and he moved into a position to catch the ball then fair enough but he didn't even have to budge, the ball was thrown fairly and squarely STRAIGHT to him.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

...well it was FLICK pass it isnt like he had full control of where it could go....surely cant blame him for trying....the aussies didnt really look like winning...yeh sure anything coulda happened but ...geez..hill was falling ..then flick passed behind him the england player was standing there...he obviously has a problem with knowing when to pass and when to hold on...but that one pass didnt lose the game for the aussie team.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Fampa
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

It's strange that even though GB led for almost the entire match I still had that feeling that the Roos would just haul GB in.

I mean the stats during the game didn't give much hope for the Lions. Watching the Sky telecast it gives you the meters gained thus far in the tackle count. Often the Lions would be up to their third or fourth tackle with only 14 meters gained whilst the Roos would generally make 25 meters on their first.

However, if Long does a bit of work on his kicking the Lions will go in with a great shot at it.
*Champagne football*
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rose Madder wrote:I thought it was a great game , yes great defense by GB..and Brian Carney..what a game did this guy have ?? I thought Scott Hill played really well , and that little pass , well at the stage of the game they were at , if that pass had gone to who it was intended for , well then it could have been a try the other way and then it would have been the pass of the century , you can go from hero to villian in a split second..Kieth Senior was just in the right position to intercept and the rest they say is history !!
Brian Carney was unbeleivable, what a player. Played all over
his opositition.
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

In the BBC Sunday Grandstand programme they said Australia had 75% of the second half attacking play!
This shows the battling defensive display GB put up.
Carney had a superb game and was standout man for the Brits. He's good for the game. He came over well in the BBC studio post match discussion which also included Jonathan Davis.
What a final in prospect!
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/MelbourneStorm/Storm-Prmiers-Badge-80-per-cent.gif[/img]  [img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/FeatherstoneRovers/Fev-Button-NL2-Winnersby-G-Las-D.jpg[/img]
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!