SOO I

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

NSW LIKELY LINE UP

1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. James Tamou
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Luke Lewis
12. Glen Stewart
13. Greg Bird

INTERCHANGE
14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Ben Creagh
16. Trent Merrin
17. Tony Williams
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Creagh and Bird infront of the man built for origin?

Another series loss,Thanks Sticky go coach an NRL team
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Creagh and Bird infront of the man built for origin?

i agree, but bird played well on the weekend and seem to play well for nsw.

i would keep the starting line up and use trex as a prop. then i would have:
14. hinchy
15. watmough
16. t sims
17. t rex

i know no recognised props are there, but williams and sims can play prop, and i like hinchy better than buhrer and not just he plays for storm
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

or use bird as the utility off the bench and drop creagh and buhrer for watmough n sims
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wouldnt at all be surprised if NSW won

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I would be gobsmacked :twisted:
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

im warming to the side really quickly! only change would be creagh out sims in. then i would be confident nsw could get over the qld pack and carney could weave his magic! IM EXCITED :headbang:
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

See what happens Panthers drop Michael Jennings and they actually win a game. Yet NSW pick him. Can't see NSW winning no matter how good the pack when you have overrated prima donnas like Jennings and Hayne in backline.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LOL@CRYBABY Meninga

"Its origin time,thats why he got off"

No douchebag its because THERE WAS
NOTHING IN IT!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:See what happens Panthers drop Michael Jennings and they actually win a game. Yet NSW pick him. Can't see NSW winning no matter how good the pack when you have overrated prima donnas like Jennings and Hayne in backline.
i can guarantee qld will be doing a hell of a lot of study on jennings and hayne on the left side! they will fear their attacking potential!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As much as I can't stand the guy I am really surprised that Watmough was not picked for SOO,and on the other side of the coin I can't believe that Civoneceva has got in either,what are they thinking,it is about time these has beens moved over and let the young guys have a go,he has had his turn,just because he is retiring at the end of this season , does not make him a shoe in for origin,it is supposed to be all about playing the best players at your disposal..well sorry Mal but Petero ain't one of em..
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

How to defeat the roaches - This one cracked me up :lol:
Cockroach Remedy #3: Get 'em drunk
Soak a rag in beer and place in a shallow dish overnight in an infested area. In the morning you can dispose of the drunken cockroaches
Think it comes from a blues 'bonding session' :pukeright:
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6356642852

Billy Slater agrees one State of Origin game every three years is the right number for Melbourne

THE Courier-Mail's Save our Origin campaign has been given a blue-chip boost with Queensland and Melbourne Storm sensation Billy Slater opposed to Victoria's plot to pinch extra State of Origin matches.
Slater, the current holder of the Golden Boot award as the best player in the world, has called Melbourne home for a decade but insists Victoria's current quota of one Origin game every three years is about right.

The Courier-Mail broke news last month that Melbourne has muscled in with a $12.5 million bid to poach future Origin matches - potentially leaving the series' birthplace and spiritual home of Suncorp Stadium with only one game a year.

This year's Origin series will kick-off in Melbourne next week, but Slater says the current balance should not be tinkered with if it means taking games away from Origin's traditional venues of Brisbane and Sydney.

"I think Origin games are quite regular enough in Melbourne at the moment - having one there every few years," Slater told The Courier-Mail yesterday.

"I certainly don't think you want to be going down there for Origin every year . . . but every three years or so would be fine.

"'We were then in 2006 and again in 2009, back in 2012 - I think that is probably about right."

Slater said he understood the need to promote the game in expansion areas, but argued league's heartland should not be ignored.

"You don't want to lock yourself into going to Melbourne every year," he said. "The reason we are going to Melbourne is to expand our game and we have to do that.

"But you just need to take small steps and keep chipping away at it. Origin has always been huge in Queensland and New South Wales and that should not change."
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cherry_Poppins wrote:Creagh and Bird infront of the man built for origin?

Seagulls would be a good option for him! ;D
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One of only a handfull NSW supporters in here lol.
I thought Jennings & Hayne were NSW best attackers on the night and jennings superman punch was quite entertaining.
Bird was our best. Quite weird that our best were the out of form players.