Big name NRL player, fielding AFL offer

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote: I agree with FinchyBoy.

Signing Izzy is a promotional tool for GWS to try and capture new supporters to afl in NSW and more importantly, capture future younger kids to try their code and why wouldn't they, the money on offer is double what the nrl has on the table.

I honestly don't have any doubts, that he will be able to play the game.

And everything you said is 100% spot on, the AFL have worked this beautifully. People don't turn up to NRL games as it is, so there is plenty of room for the AFL to crack into the population. Kids will now look at Izzy on posters all across Western Sydney & will be looking at the sport of AFL, and if you're a parent why wouldn't you guide them to a sport which is paying double of that in the NRL. Much like what already happens with basketballers in Australia, they get to a certain age & pick AFL over it, simply because the money & future is a lot better in that sport. Kurt Tippet who plays for the Adelaide Crows is a prime example, also Ben Hudson who plays for the Western Bulldogs. He only started playing AFL at age 24, coming over from basketball. Kids who are around the age of 14-15 in Western Sydney will now have a choice in what sport they try to create a career path in, not restricting it to Rugby.

The NRL has been sitting back on its heels, while the AFL has been promoting it's code all across Australia. And now everyone is seeing why it's the number sport in Australia, because they have the money to pump into GWS & also Izzy.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bah,his really no loss,noone cares that Khunt is gone and i can see him being as replacable as a set of batterys
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CooperCronk wrote: I agree with FinchyBoy.

Signing Izzy is a promotional tool for GWS to try and capture new supporters to afl in NSW and more importantly, capture future younger kids to try their code and why wouldn't they, the money on offer is double what the nrl has on the table.

Way more than double.

Issy will do very well in that code.

And yes the NRL admin have alot to learn from the AFL as far as admin goes.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Khunt I think will do well.

Izzy? Honestly I doubt he will ever be reserve grade standard.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately