Rugby League World Cup ***spoilers***

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy, You started this thread with "is anyone getting excited" Well I definately am.
Some of these games are exactly what RL is all about. I love this game, just wish I could have played it when I was younger.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I've enjoyed all 5 televised games so far, even the Australia vs New Zealand game. Although the minnow games have been much more exciting and enjoyable to watch.

I had a chuckle tonight at Warren Smith crapping on and funnily enough he didn't comment on any of the grapples or chicken wings that occurred. Kaufusi mustn't have done any.  ;-)

I will admit though, it's Friday night and it's 10pm and I am at a loss. The game has already been televised??? That can't be right, Friday nights I'm always up until after midnight watching the games.

Pity that tommorow night's Fiji vs Ireland game isn't being shown live or at a decent time on replay. First telecast of the game is at 6am the next day!  :?
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cant wait for Sunday's game. All Aussie supporters, we have to belt out the anthem loud and strong.
Remember the First final this year against the warriors and the mic failed when it was time for the Australian anthem and we the crowd had to fill in. How funny was that.
If we get good participation it sounds great on TV.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'll be interested in whether they play the English national anthem, or if they'll play the Great Britain one instead like I heard that they did for the England vs PNG game.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It is a bit funny about the tackles, the consistancy (sorry INconsistancy) of the commentators. I had to laugh when Dicky stewart came out to support Billy in regards to his try saving foot. Next Dicky will support Cam if he does a similar tackle that he did during the finals against the Broncos on Sam Thaiday.

See the swinging kick at the ball? from the tongan player in tonights game. At first it looked like he kicked the Samoan guy in the head but he missed by miles.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tonga vs samoa was a great game, signified what the game should be, hard running, quick hands and big hits.

im glad samoa won by under 12, made a nice little profit  :lol:
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote: I'll be interested in whether they play the English national anthem, or if they'll play the Great Britain one instead like I heard that they did for the England vs PNG game.
Where are you seated? Are you going somewhere before the game? Are others going somewhere before the game. I might go to the armoury on lonsdale st , I think, to get a bite and a drink.
My seat is in aisle 32 at the dome.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm level 1, aisle 37, row k, seat 64. Bought my ticket in the member priority period November last year.  ;D

No idea on what I'm doing before the game at this stage. I've just been working out which way I'll get there, I'm driving coz it's a Sunday night game and I've got work the next day, public transport is rather infrequent on Sunday nights.

Does anyone know if there'll be any sort of curtain raiser to the main event?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

tonga v samoa was a good game!! all games have been exciting except the aus vs nz game.

does anyone know if any of todays games will be on nine or fox? delayed or live?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

apprently the fiji v france game is live tonight on foxtel!

its on the main event channel...free.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Super Cronk wrote: apprently the fiji v france game is live tonight on foxtel!

its on the main event channel...free.
Excellent!!!  Thanks for that news! I'd been searching TV schedules and the RLWC08 website and couldn't find it being on before 6am!

I had resigned myself to trying to watch it live online, poor quality though that may be.

Ch 518 if anyone is looking for the channel. Unfortunately we have to wait until 10:30pm for the New Zealand vs Papua New Guinea game on Fox Sports 3.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ive just logged on, just seen this info and just checked Fox and just missed it.
You have to laugh. Otherwise you go out and start #%*&@)%&%@%&@)%& the people that create these situations.
I send about $1000 a year on Fox to watch re-runs of tv programs, arent I the fool. I had no idea, there was no advertising.
The TV coverage is absolutely a joke, But we all know this.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Australian V England

Referee:                      Tony Archer

Touch Judges              Steve Chiddy, James  Childs

Video Referee            Ashley Klein this is a joke right  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Surandy wrote: I'll be interested in whether they play the English national anthem, or if they'll play the Great Britain one instead like I heard that they did for the England vs PNG game.
Didn't get to watch the PNG game,so I'm confused ???
Officially the same one "God Save the Queen" ,though the 'un-official' English anthem is usually "Jerusalem"
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Didn't get to watch the PNG game,so I'm confused ???
Officially the same one "God Save the Queen" ,though the 'un-official' English anthem is usually "Jerusalem"
I could be wrong but my understanding is that the individual countries that make up Great Britain each have their own national anthems. None of them being God Save The Queen.

Edit: Thought I'd finally get around to researching this for myself and it turns out England doesn't have a separate national anthem. Being of Scots heritage I knew that Scotland's anthem is Flower Of Scotland so I wrongly assumed that the other members of the United Kingdom had their own anthems.
Last edited by Surandy on Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.