Farah and Friend turn back on the Titans

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... public_rss
GOLD Coast's quest to lure a star hooker has failed, with Wests Tigers star Robbie Farah set to decline the club's poaching bid and current No. 9 Nathan Friend rejecting the club's final contract offer.

Farah is expected to re-sign with Wests Tigers as early as Tuesday while Friend declared he had been forced on to the open market after canning a revised two-year deal tabled by the Titans last Friday that featured a strict three-day deadline.

The Titans courted Farah last November after being unsuccessful in their bid to lure Australian Test hooker and Melbourne captain Cameron Smith to the sunshine strip.

Smith re-signed with the Storm last December, but Farah visited the Titans for a tour of the club's facilities and met head coach John Cartwright during the club's bid to sign him.

Expecting Farah to reject their advances, the Titans last week responded by presenting current No. 9 Friend with a slightly updated contract offer.

The updated two-year offer came after Friend rejected the club's initial pitch last year amid the hunt for Smith and Farah.

But the offer put to Friend had a three-day cut-off date which expired on Monday night.

Earlier, Titans chief executive Michael Searle said no subsequent offer would be made to the 27-year-old if the 5pm deadline was breached.

With Friend now on the hunt for a new club post-2009, the Titans are likely to offer former Brisbane Bronco Ian Lacey a contract for next season, while they also view youngster Kayne Lawton as a potential back-up option.

It is understood Farah, a former Leichhardt junior and 2005 premiership star, has received a lucrative long-term offer to remain at the Tigers.

This will mean forgoing a reunion with former premiership teammates Scott Prince and Anthony Laffranchi.

Titans centre Brett Delaney and young prop Will Matthews, 20, have been added to an eight-man players' representatives group alongside senior players Prince, Luke Bailey, Laffranchi, Preston Campbell, Mark Minichiello and Friend.

Oh how we love Karma.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOST CAM staying loyal to the storm

LOST ROBBIE staying loyal to the tigers

LOST NATHAN and i wouldnt blame him since they has been looking for others before signing him

and now they have resigned there under 20 player Kayne Lawton who by the look of this photo has been on then just the weights
SERIOUS KARMA I THINK
Attachments
kayne.jpg
Last edited by sallymay on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friends really under-rated. We'll we've got Hinchcliffe now not that we could afford Friend anyway who I rate only behind Smith and Farah.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

I agree Friend is way under-rated, only second to Smith. Farah does nothing for his pay IMO.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haven't seen much of Wests play?  Farah is a gun... but I agree, Friend is and always has been underrated.  He was just stiff that he was second behind Cam down here or he'd have been a long term Storm player IMO
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

No I don't see a lot of Tigers games, being limited to free to air. Never saw a lot of Buderus either, except at Origin.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]