Round XXI *SPOILERS*

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seeing as how Storm don't play until Monday night, I thought I'd kick off a thread for all the other Round 21 matches in the NRL... :mrgreen:

A few tough ones for the tipsters this week, but you never know your luck ;-)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Looking forward to the battle between the Doggies and the Eels
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How about the opening for the Bulldogs v Eels - Parramatta kick-off was allowed to roll into touch by the Bulldogs, next set of 6, Fuifui crashes over :shock2: :shock2:

As I type this, the Eels get another try, putting them up 12-0. In the other game, Dragons score a try but miss the conversion, they lead the Knights 4-0...
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

74 min @ EnergyAustralia: Dragons 20 Knights 4 (Edit: this is the final score)

64 min @ Telstra: Eels 28 Bulldogs 16

Edit: 69 min @ Telstra: Eels 28 Bulldogs 22 - Millard gets a try, Hazem nails a pressure conversion, this is going to be an exciting 10 minutes of footy :D
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Full time @ Telstra Stadium; Eels 34-22 Bulldogs.

A late try from wunderkind Krisnan Inu sealed the match. Much better second-half effort from Parramatta this week, instead of collapsing like they did against the Silvertail Scum...and a bit of controversy, with the 'Dogs bench player Brad Morrin on report for biting the arm of Eels centre Timana Tahu, who complained to Hampstead...

Tahu explained in a post-match interview with the ABC that Morrin had apologised, and that he's leaving it up to the Parramatta club whether or not they want to take it further...no doubt we'll hear more about that particular incident...
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
lotti

damn those Bulldogs I wanted them to win unless I tipped the Eels which rarely happens.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Morrin is in deep trouble, very dirty play and i hope he gets a long holiday.

Krisnan Inu is a star of the future...this kid can play.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Had to listen online via 2GB,(chattering muppet central) & have just watched the highlights on Bigpond Sport - Was a GREAT GAME by both sides !!
Bullets wrote: Morrin is in deep trouble, very dirty play and i hope he gets a long holiday.
A totally stupid act & needs a LONG penalty  :x
Krisnan Inu is a star of the future...this kid can play.
That last try sounded fantastic as the 2GB muppets raved about it. It was magic to watch  =D>
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

bourbon_rat wrote: Had to listen online via 2GB,(chattering muppet central) & have just watched the highlights on Bigpond Sport - Was a GREAT GAME by both sides !!
Bullets wrote: Morrin is in deep trouble, very dirty play and i hope he gets a long holiday.
Dirty f**king mongrel ... IMO they should penalise the whole club for that. Not that it will make any difference as we won't make the finals anyway but that was the dirtiest piece of play I have seen on a football field for a very long time.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Christabella wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote: Had to listen online via 2GB,(chattering muppet central) & have just watched the highlights on Bigpond Sport - Was a GREAT GAME by both sides !!
Dirty f**king mongrel ... IMO they should penalise the whole club for that. Not that it will make any difference as we won't make the finals anyway but that was the dirtiest piece of play I have seen on a football field for a very long time.
i thought u were all blowing it out of proportion, but after viewing the highlights.
that was un needed and filthy. not even in my juniour comp would u ever think of biting an opponent.
if the league dusnt ban him then his club should think twice before giving him a spot in the line up.
we dont want that in our game
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Dumbass lazy journos, do some actual research before writing your next one ...

Why I limit the controversial things I say at www.thekennel.com.au:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=62114

The bastards quoted me from there before.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought journos don't get paid to actually do research, they get paid to make up a lot of bullcrap, and not let the facts get in the way of a good story - just ask the Fox News Channel & CNN ;-)

But judging by the video evidence of the incident, he'll definitely be in some deep shite, the case will likely be referred directly to the judiciary without being graded. More
Morrin was put on report just before half-time when rugby union-bound Eels centre Timana Tahu made an official complaint to referee Sean Hampstead as he pointed to a mark on his arm.

It took the gloss off a magnificent game of rugby league at Telstra Stadium as the Bulldogs never gave up, Eels winger Krisnan Inu finally sealing the result with a try just before full-time for a six tries to four win.

Asked a number of times if he wanted to make his accusation official, Tahu left Hampstead, Morrin and the live television audience in little doubt as he approached the referee.

"You f***king bit me you dog," Tahu was heard to say over the effects microphone.

He told the Nine Network after the match: "It was just a normal tackle and I felt a sting go on my arm.

"He bit me, I retaliated and got (penalised) for it.

"I was pretty upset and a bit angry but I had to get on with the game.

"It was a bite so what happens during the week happens."

Replays indicated the Bulldogs back rower could have a case to answer at the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night, former Sharks forward Chris Beattie the last player banned for bitting when he was given two weeks on the sideline in 2001.
On the rest of the game, I just watched it on Fox Sports, it was an excellent match. Krisnan Inu is a great talent, someone in the Kiwi camp knew what they were doing when they gave him a black jersey. That try of his near the end of the match was simply brilliant, worthy of winning any game :D
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OH MY GOD

the titans first try
what a mirical

great kick from prince around the 40meter mark
hits the cross bar
perfect bounce for Cooper

bet they cant do that again ;)
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Final score @ Carrara: Tight-Arses 30 Tigers 14
Last edited by Blitzkrieg on Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
lotti

damn Titanics I was hoping for my first correct tip of the week.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!