The 2007 GF should be played at . . .

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.

Where should the 2007 GF be played?

MCG
25%
Telstra Dome
No votes
Olympic Park
6%
Princes Park
6%
Telstra Stadium
63%

Total votes: 16
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What? Bruce Stadium & SCG before Suncorp?

You have got to be kidding, anyone who believes the grand final won't eventually move to Queenland is living under a rock. Especially with the re-admission of the Coast
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
glynny
Squall
Squall

bourbon_rat wrote: since you're :fishing: for bites  :roll: Why did you leave off that wonderful,purpose built stadium at Wembley
Let's not let a piddling thing like distance stand in the way of a good troll thread Image

I agree the NRL grand final has just as much chance of being played at wembley as it does at the MCG and that is none, zero, zilch it just won't happen anytime in the forseeable future.  Anyway with the way the ticketing for the grand final goes if you buy your ticket early and booked all your accomodation in sydney and then get told it's down here you'd be more annoyed with the NRL for moving it.
Go the mighty storm.
lotti

KimmorleyKiller wrote: What? Bruce Stadium & SCG before Suncorp?

You have got to be kidding, anyone who believes the grand final won't eventually move to Queenland is living under a rock. Especially with the re-admission of the Coast
The SCG is in Sydney and Canberra has won a few premierships over years.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Goat
Squall
Squall

lotti wrote:
Goat wrote:
lotti wrote: yeah but it's not the NRL's home, if we get into the top 4 the Storm get a home final.  Goal how would you feel if the AFL grand final was played elsewhere?  The only major NRL games that get played down here are a Tri-Nations test and a State Of Origin, there's no guarentee that the Storm(guys just being realistic, it's still early in the season) will even make the Grand Final.
The Storm should make the grannie . . . I wouldn't mind the AFL GF being played in the highest finishing GF team's home ground if it was big enough . . . no problem with that at all . . .
The NRL also has to think about the other team(which could very well be a team from Sydney) such as when the Broncos and the Cowboys played in a final both teams agreed that the final should be moved to QLD instead of being played in Sydney.  It's not like Soccer where the highest ranking team gets a home grand final, the NRL Grand Final has always been in Sydney just as the AFL Grand Final has always been in Melbourne the only thing that will cause the NRL Grand Final to be moved would be for something major to happen to Telstra Stadium if that happens then it would be moved to the home ground of one of the Sydney based teams, if they're not availible then it would be moved to Bruce Stadium in Canberra, if that's not availible then the NRL would be looking at one of the venues they use for trial games, if they're not availible then it would be up to QLD to host the Grand Final and only if one of the NRL venues in that state was unavailible then it would be moved down here.
Again . . . highest finishing team people . . . how many times do I have to explain it? You're breaking my balls now.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Goat - do you realise that no-one is the slightest bit interested in your prattle!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Goat
Squall
Squall

glynny wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote: since you're :fishing: for bites  :roll: Why did you leave off that wonderful,purpose built stadium at Wembley
Let's not let a piddling thing like distance stand in the way of a good troll thread Image

I agree the NRL grand final has just as much chance of being played at wembley as it does at the MCG and that is none, zero, zilch it just won't happen anytime in the forseeable future.  Anyway with the way the ticketing for the grand final goes if you buy your ticket early and booked all your accomodation in sydney and then get told it's down here you'd be more annoyed with the NRL for moving it.
Are you lima lima lima duck retarded or what??  I'm sorry, but this is just one moronic comment too far . . . OBVIOUSLY there would be adequate warning if the venue was to be changed!  It might not happen this year, but it WILL happen, that is beyond even debating. 
Goat
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: Goat - do you realise that no-one is the slightest bit interested in your prattle!!
Obviously they are, or they wouldn't have voted??
lotti

check to see how many people voted for Teltra Stadium as opposed to a venue in Melbourne.
glynny
Squall
Squall

Again . . . highest finishing team people . . . how many times do I have to explain it? You're breaking my balls now.

[/quote]

Do you mean that if north queensland finish on top that they'd play a grand final at dairy farmers on a sunday night, hmm to me it doesn't seem sensible considering the stadium inly holds about 20,000 people. Or if the warriors finish highest they'd play an nrl grand final in auckland at mt smart stadium?
If what you suggests goes ahead these could well happen and although the MCG is big enough some of the other non NSW teams don't have a staium big enough and if you change the rules to suit us you'd have to change them for everyone. That's why the grand final will never or should never be moved out of sydney.
Go the mighty storm.
lotti

it's not Soccer it's Rugby League, we have traditions to uphold like the Origin series, Sunday Grand final in Sydney regardles of who finishes as the minor premiers or if there's even a NSW team in the Grand Final, loud mouth fans, hating the ref, some more than others.
Denise Richards
Squall
Squall

glynny wrote:

Do you mean that if north queensland finish on top that they'd play a grand final at dairy farmers on a sunday night, hmm to me it doesn't seem sensible considering the stadium inly holds about 20,000 people. Or if the warriors finish highest they'd play an nrl grand final in auckland at mt smart stadium?
If what you suggests goes ahead these could well happen and although the MCG is big enough some of the other non NSW teams don't have a staium big enough and if you change the rules to suit us you'd have to change them for everyone. That's why the grand final will never or should never be moved out of sydney.
[/quote]

Dairy Farmers wouldn't host a GF until they got their capacity up to around 60K which would probably never happen . . .  Goat makes some good points.
I am NOT Brian Waldron
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brian Waldron wrote: . . .  Goat makes some good points.
Goat...is that you?
Denise Richards
Squall
Squall

Am I Goat? No.
I am NOT Brian Waldron
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Prove it...
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Diehard_Storm wrote: Prove it...
We don't need to get him started do we??  We all know it's a bullshit name and if by some miracle Waldron ever came on here he'd not post crap like -
Brian Waldron wrote:
  Goat makes some good points.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!