If Cronulla was playing the Bulldogs tonight

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:I posted this the other night, and after I calmed down deleted it as possibly being too harsh a reaction.
After consideration (and feedback from some who read it before I deleted it) I don't feel it was harsh at all and so shall reproduce my post as best I can from memory - leaving in the invective to display my abhorrence.

In response to the following;
MONY wrote:If the game was played right now i can assure you there would be hundreds of "white people" at the game not there for the football...... i was stating that the lebanese would burn homebush to a crisp because they are cowardly violent lima lima lima duck whereas the sharks contingent would just bash them......i was just comparing the two sides......

MONY, you have shown yourself to be a bigoted imbecile.

I hope you like the tag "racist" mate, because you have labelled yourself with it!

It's a very few lima lima lima duck like you - on both sides (Anglo and Middle Eastern) - who are driving the sort of shit that's going on at the moment.
Take a bloody good look at yourself!
I'm not sure I can see the racism in that post. The only slight hint is that it is just Lebanese people behind it when there is an actual fact a few Middle Eastern nationalities involved however I can see the point he is making. The Middle Eastern thugs have shown to be cowardly in the way they went about gaining their revenge on innocent people in Maroubra and Brighton ... What did my friend do to deserve his car being smashed?
The anglo-looking Australians who were involved, meanwhile, have showed no intelligence by behaving like an unruly mob and belting anyone who looks different to them and it's for this reason that dark skined girls I know have been scared to go out to certain places by themselves.

I don't see how Mony is taking sides or 'driving the shit'.
Last edited by Christabella on Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote:they might play at a neurtal venue and have very tight security, that might happen next year anyway.
No this would not happen. Living in Qld you would have missed the front page story on the Telegraph here: Bulldogs and Sharks unite to stop violence. Hazem El Masri and Jason Stevens were photographed together at Cronulla Beach.
As I have already mentioned the only game will be at Telstra Stadium and security will be as tight as possible but not moreso than any another Bulldogs home game.
lotti

KINGY wrote:now a serious post regarding this issue from me.

i dont think there would be that big problems in the crowd if these two were to play..but i could see one moron on ethier side opening their mouths and then it would get out of hand.....
Kingy did you not hear about what happened between Hutch Maiavaand Jacob Selmes? Hutch has been suspended by the club indefinately because a fight broke out bewteen them and Selmes had to be taken to hospital with head injuries. I don't like the Sharks chances now, my perfect season 2006 would be Manly and Melbourne in the top 8(top 4 would be really nice) and the sharks oh about the Wooden Spoon position battling Parramatta for it.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
lotti

Christabella wrote:
lotti wrote:they might play at a neurtal venue and have very tight security, that might happen next year anyway.
No this would not happen. Living in Qld you would have missed the front page story on the Telegraph here: Bulldogs and Sharks unite to stop violence. Hazem El Masri and Jason Stevens were photographed together at Cronulla Beach.
As I have already mentioned the only game will be at Telstra Stadium and security will be as tight as possible but not moreso than any another Bulldogs home game.
I saw that on Sky News, didn't know it was Stevens though.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote:

i dont think there would be that big problems in the crowd if these two were to play..but i could see one moron on ethier side opening their mouths and then it would get out of hand.....
Kingy did you not hear about what happened between Hutch Maiavaand Jacob Selmes? Hutch has been suspended by the club indefinately because a fight broke out bewteen them and Selmes had to be taken to hospital with head injuries. I don't like the Sharks chances now, my perfect season 2006 would be Manly and Melbourne in the top 8(top 4 would be really nice) and the sharks oh about the Wooden Spoon position battling Parramatta for it.
When this news appeared on the Kennel I was wondering why a thread titled 'Trouble at Cronulla' was in the NRL section, but on reading the article I don't think its at all related. Hutch is a kiwi and certainly not of 'Middle Eastern appearance'.

However I like your bit about battling Parra for the spoon hehehehe :thumbright:
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Christabella wrote:
Amazingly enough Christa, it even made the Melbourne Herald Sun, picture and all! :shock:
MONY
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

thankyou Christa, I dont' know what TC's problem is....... I didnt see anything racist in my posts just stating that the middle eastern people are a lot how can i put this.....more nuts than the aussie looking folk.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

MONY wrote:....just stating that the middle eastern people are a lot how can i put this.....more nuts than the aussie looking folk.
Ah. I see. Sorry, my mistake. :oops:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Oh, I do have one question though!

What, exactly, qualifies someone as being "aussie looking folk" :?:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

TC wrote:Oh, I do have one question though!

What, exactly, qualifies someone as being "aussie looking folk" :?:
Thats precisely the problem with all this drama ... there is no definitive Australian look. We are a multicultural country which means people of all skin clolours, hair colours, eye colours should be able to identify themselves as Australian. I believe that a lot of the people who I have previously termed 'Middle Eastern thugs' were probably born here or at least came here with their parents at a very young age. Australia is as much a home to them as it is to the people like myself who can trace their heritage back to colonial times here. The same can be said for Indigneous people and people who have migrated/or people who's parents or grandparents migrated from Europe, Asia, the Americas and Africa.

Also when Mony says 'the Middle Eastern people are a little more nuts...' my interpretation is that he is only refering to the extremists in both camps. They are the ones driving this. They are the ones who percieve a problem with other races and will fight for what they believe. However I believe he has the sense not to be generalising to all Middle Eastern or Anglo-saxon people.

Further to what I wrote this morning I put the differences in ways of expressing violence down their culture the Middle Eastern culture is a collectivist one, where you are expected to stick up for your 'brothers' if you feel they are being victimised.
On the otherhand the typically Australian culture, practised by many people of many backgrounds might I add, is more individualist. In this kind of society you are more likely to express yourself and your feelings but fight one on one. The problem escalated last weekend because these people joined together and formed a mob, even worse a mob fuelled by alcohol. No matter where you are in the world mob rule spells trouble. When you become part of a mob you lose the abilty to think independantly and become influenced by the mentality of the mob. I don't think I really need to elaborate on the mentality of this particular mob.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

jellyhead wrote:
Christabella wrote:
Amazingly enough Christa, it even made the Melbourne Herald Sun, picture and all! :shock:
Hahaha now that's even more amazing than what amazed me yesterday ... i.e. the Telegraph showing a Bulldogs player on the front page for something good. :lol:
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote:

wtf has that got to do with anything you manly supporting twit?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
lotti

KINGY wrote:
lotti wrote:

I'm also a Melbourne supporter remember, I was just telling you something that has happened between 2 Sharks players which could effect the chances of that team and give Melbourne a better chance of making the 8 and you might not have heard about it. Hutch is one of their big hitters.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote:
KINGY wrote:
lotti wrote:Kingy did you not hear about what happened between Hutch Maiavaand Jacob Selmes? Hutch has been suspended by the club indefinately because a fight broke out bewteen them and Selmes had to be taken to hospital with head injuries. I don't like the Sharks chances now, my perfect season 2006 would be Manly and Melbourne in the top 8(top 4 would be really nice) and the sharks oh about the Wooden Spoon position battling Parramatta for it.
I'm also a Melbourne supporter remember, I was just telling you something that has happened between 2 Sharks players which could effect the chances of that team and give Melbourne a better chance of making the 8 and you might not have heard about it. Hutch is one of their big hitters.
i heard about it before it was even announced on any other site.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
lotti

LU right?