New to NRL

A place to be welcomed, to welcome and to find out a little bit more about each other!
bnz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hey guys, im a Melbourne dweller, soon to move to NSW and have only in the last 6 months discovered league and my passion for it. Am an AFL convert, which i still follow religiously but NRL is slowly creeping up. I'm a huge Storm fan, big fan of Dallas Johnson and Micky Crocker, but also love the eels.

Hopefully will be around here a lot more now that i have found this great site!!

Good work on the site, and any tips on things i can read to get fully up to speed with rules etc???

love the game, great site.

BNZ
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Welcome - hope you enjoy your time here!

The Australian Rugby League website (www.rugbyleague.com.au) has a lot of information such as Rules of the Game or History of the Game.

Don't get too hung up on the rules of the game - it might only ruin your enjoyment of it! :) Also - Refs don't know the rules either! Particularly:
The front row forwards shall not advance their feet into the tunnel or have one foot raised before the ball is put in or strike for the ball before the hookers. A hooker may strike for the ball with either foot once it has contacted the ground in the tunnel. After the hookers have struck for the ball the other forwards in the scrum may kick or heel the ball.
Watch some scrums... it makes me laugh! :)
Brownzay
Squall
Squall

explain that for me i dont get it explained like that
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brownzay wrote: explain that for me i dont get it explained like that
i think in lamense terms it means this, please correct me if im wrong...

only the hooker may come in contact with the ball.
once the hooker has placed the ball in with the 2nd rowers then its ok for the other forwards to move the ball with there feet
but only the hooker is allowed to 'hook' the ball, and the tunnel must be clear

i hope thats correct
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]