Round 18 - Warriors vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only two positives for me -

NAS getting extended minutes and producing. He was our only forward outside of Jesse to crack over 100m.

And while he isn't Slater. Munster continues to improve every week and is showing why he'll get the job fulltime when Slater retires.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did the NRL make it a rule that you have to tackle Koroibete twice for it to count? Would explain why he was allowed to be dragged over the sideline after being held... Twice in the space of a few minutes.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Deja vu.
Clueless in attack close to the line. Not coming forward in defence. Standing off players and letting them dance across the line then through a gap.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Deja vu.
Clueless in attack close to the line. Not coming forward in defence. Standing off players and letting them dance across the line then through a gap.
Ditto... again.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Positives:

NAS. Good minutes good meters.
Both Bromwich boys solid.
Harris solid.
Munster was solid but still lacking positioning.

Negatives:

Did chambers play?
Smith was well off(totally understandable)
All the other players should have stood up for their captain like Qld did.
Hunt made it hard for Koroibete in defence leaving him stranded on a few occasions.
Green bombed a try by not passing.
Hinchcliffe was rather innefective.
Ineffective tackling allround. Some really poor misses.
Letting off constant offloads.

Warriors always play well against us as they did today.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Did Hunt get hooked for the second half or injured?

Our draw over the next 6 weeks is significantly easier so I'm confident we will come away with atleast 4 or 5 wins, then finishing the season against the Cowboys and the Broncos which will be very tough. There is clearly less expectation on us this year, which I think may be a positive if we can make the finals. We still have a team that is very capable when they are switched on
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hunt was hooked in the first half. Will never play again
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

why was he hooked, seems a bit silly to do that to a back (I was not home and have not seen the game) . Also, if he never plays again does mean Duffie gets a game
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:why was he hooked, seems a bit silly to do that to a back (I was not home and have not seen the game) . Also, if he never plays again does mean Duffie gets a game
He made numerous poor reads and even worse contact. His effort on Bodene Thompson was embarrassing.

Fonua will be back I think.
Brian
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:Deja vu.

*Sigh* Mark Murray almost
Is Criag Bellamy away on holidays smewhere
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is it just me or does it seem like the last four games (losses) in the post match media neither coach or captain are not interested or do not care about the game.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Wouldn't mind Fonua back, just play him at centre and not on the wing! He actually played some decent games there at the end of last year and we could do with his muscle. God knows he is less of a liability than Hunt or Mann there but he is just too short to be a winger.

Too many passengers at the moment! Proctor needs to do something/ anything at all this year would be nice and I love Will but, Christ he needs to learn how to pass.

Would be really pissed off if we don't beat panthers this week for Cams 300th.
On the positive, well done to NAS who stepped up today and Munster who is coming along well considering he too is just a kid.

What annoys me most is attitude, if Cronk can play twice in five days and run down Johnson than other players can stop being flat footed and waiting for the opposition to come to them. Very lazy in 2nd efforts or any efforts from too many the last month.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Hate loosing but we have the youngest side we have ever had and not having the key position players training with the boys makes things a bit rough not to mention the other sit cam had to go through. I am looking forward to some solid training on the track this week and Friday should be a better day. Keep the faith Strom supporters we have seen more wins than most in the NRL over the last 10 years and these young guys need time. I do think we need to go a bit bigger in our back line but off loads have always upset our defence.

Looking forward to Friday GO STORM!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully this starts a trend of NAS playing those minutes every week.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So assuming Hymel gets dropped, do we bring Fonua in to play centre, bring back Mann or bring in Robinson who has been here for the best part of two seasons and hasn't played a game (and from reports off to Sharks next year). Or do we move Tohu to centre and bring in Welch?

It would be an indictment on our outside backs if Tohu was picked there.

Given the number of players we have missing in forwards. I would prefer Fonua at centre.