Round 15 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Glasby, Finucane and J-Brom playing great - felt like Glasby wasn't on for as long as he could have been?

Green is playing great too....his kicking game, and Cams, has been spot on. It's a bit concerning we haven't scored more points....but the broncos defence has been really good - only real downside is not stopping their offloads (that try...it had me shaking my head for most of it)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

You teach the under 10s to come up quickly in a straight line.
The Storm boys are walking forward off the defensive mark so when the Broncos hit with momentum they push our defence back.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We do not deserve a drop out here... Mann dropped that cold and (somehow) bombed a try.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Great defence by Brisbane, but f*ck our playmakers have no idea.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We played well. Very well. Just not well enough.

The commentators are waxing lyrical about the Broncos defence but geez we did our best to make them look good. Flaccid, impotent attack... Again.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How did Mann not score? Back to reserve grade I think. Broncos line was straight as an arrow every set. They left no gaps. Credit to them. But we should have been more imaginative 30-20m out, trying to bring defenders out of the line.
Munster is one tough dude.
Wish Nelson got more minutes.
Finucane has really come good.
More offloads needed.
Need to stop opposition offloads.
Please come back soon Marika.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bromwich a lazy 271m
Reading the stat's it's crazy that we lost.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We gave them our best shot and they withstood everything. Broncos were incredible and deserved to win that game.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Not many times would you play with such good control and still not come up with the 2 points. I think it was expected that we wouldn't score many points but some definite defensive lapses.

Thought some of Glasby's runs off the drop outs were exceptional, and was very Impressed with NAS in his short stint. Also thought Green was good. I don't want to be too critical but Hampton just doesn't pull his weight when he is playing halfback. I think if he wants to establish himself as a regular first grade player, which he is capable of doing, he needs to move to a new club
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

You guys sure Bellyache doesn't have a daughter? Surely Ben Hampton's her man if he does.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It was a good performance. .... broncos were just better. .. their defence was immense. ..too bad we didn't turn up to the eels game like that :/
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

another scoreless second half. Fast becoming the most unwatchable team in the comp.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought it was a good game between two good sides. The Broncos defence was very good but agree with others our attack lacked creativity. Even with our kicks yes it was good to keep getting dropouts but we didn't look like scoring. I suppose we thought they would crack at some stage. What about some attacking bombs to test the Broncos wingers?
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:I thought it was a good game between two good sides. The Broncos defence was very good but agree with others our attack lacked creativity. Even with our kicks yes it was good to keep getting dropouts but we didn't look like scoring. I suppose we thought they would crack at some stage. What about some attacking bombs to test the Broncos wingers?
Hellooo!
It was like watching M.A.S.H., same thing over and over (and over) again. If it was left to Green (thought he was good) and shovel it on to the second person or to the right in Hampton (no comment) who passed it ten metres and (fifteen minutes) before the line to Chambers, or Cam toeing it through.
Don't know where to from here, Cronk can't come back soon enough. I used to think Cam was the most critical person in our team,
My usual rant, what did and does Hinchy offer and why does NAS play such limited game time?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our current backline is so inexperienced I honestly cant see enough points in it to win a game - There are no strike players.

Munster - has his hands full learning all the off ball work needed to be a great FB, glimpses of impact but has alot on his plate
Chambers - seems to have lost his pace we saw last year (whilst still playing well gets caught far more often)
Mahe - well he is a backrower imitating a winger, will often get found out like today with a quick winger keeping their width
Kennar - has been around the NRL for about 5 seconds
Mann - weighs as much as my left ass cheek, if he can be put in a gap he will be fine. Contact to bust a tackle raises a few quesitons

When Marika is back we will look a lot sharper