Rd 6 @ Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not to mention the offside when hodgson hurt himself kicking into his own man
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good old Ricky making a knob of himself again.
Worst coach in the NRL.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:not to mention the offside when hodgson hurt himself kicking into his own man
And then the commentary tried to blame hinchy :lol:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone see the shoulder charge on Koroibete? Refs had a chance to penalize it on replay but nothing came of it and MK was obviously hurt from it.
I don't like complaining about the refs but that was shocking. Double standards the whole game!

Anyway, was impressed by Glasby and Munster and Mann again. Don't think Proctor and even Harris offer much punch in attack.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Interesting watching the Raiders interview after the game.

Sticky reckons the best team lost and they both bemoaned the fact that the 50-50 calls didn't go their way.
Oh you have to be f*cking kidding me...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:Good old Ricky making a knob of himself again.
Worst coach in the NRL.
Calling ricky stuart a coach is so funny. he can take a good player and make him ordinary in less than half a season. he always blames everyone else when his coached side loses....eg crappamatta. he gave up on them after about the 3rd week into the season..
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
stormy wrote:last week many fatiguy hit Billy late.. out for 4 weeks.. twice today Coops got tackled twice late after kicking and no penalties what is going on. I don`t think Coops will be playing next week he looked hurt today.

For me the game was never in doubt. we were always going to win much to the disappointment of vossy
Stormy Vatuvei's tackle was legitimate and was when Billy had made a break from a scrum and Vatuvei just came in from Billy's blind side. It was Ikahihifo that hit him illegally as MK5 scored.
You are right but it was the tackle from manu fatiguy that hurt Billy.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

70 minutes for Bromwich this week. Love it. Give him 70+ every week Craig.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A few points out of this game:

1. The Storm are going to be pretty stupid to sign a busted up Billy to a long term deal. As much as he is a legend and while others might disagree, no one seriously wants to see him as a complete washed up has-been when he's 34-35 in three years time while all the other fullbacks in the NRL have completely overtaken him. Cameron Munster is our future and should be the one to succeed Billy sooner than later. The club is bigger than the individual.

2. How good is it to hear Vossy as a regular commentator again. He is by far the best in the business. So much talent was going to waste just calling Warriors games in Auckland for the last couple of years and it's good to see him on Fox Sports as a regular commentator. He delivers proper commentary with a great mix of humour and he calls the game with such passion. Gasnier and Anasta did a great job as well (great to hear some new voices call the game there as well).

3. Ricky Stuart says the better team lost. Bahahahahahahahaha. Enough said.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:A few points out of this game:

1. The Storm are going to be pretty stupid to sign a busted up Billy to a long term deal. As much as he is a legend and while others might disagree, no one seriously wants to see him as a complete washed up has-been when he's 34-35 in three years time while all the other fullbacks in the NRL have completely overtaken him. Cameron Munster is our future and should be the one to succeed Billy sooner than later. The club is bigger than the individual.

2. How good is it to hear Vossy as a regular commentator again. He is by far the best in the business. So much talent was going to waste just calling Warriors games in Auckland for the last couple of years and it's good to see him on Fox Sports as a regular commentator. He delivers proper commentary with a great mix of humour and he calls the game with such passion. Gasnier and Anasta did a great job as well (great to hear some new voices call the game there as well).

Well said mate.

1. Bill is my all time favourite player and he deserves to play the game for as long as he feels that he can. An out and out legend of our club and game. However, long term the club cannot afford to lose a player like Cameron Munster. If they can make it work, potentially a system similar to Minichello/RTS... but I don't know know. That only worked because RTS is big/strong enough to play wing comprehensively. And whilst I have a huge rap on Munster, he doesn't fit that same mould. Something needs to happen though, or we lose Munster. Plain and simple.

2. Enjoy all three of those guys calling the game/s. Braith and Gaz give our club much respect and applause, Vossy is more hot and cold. All three through have solid insight (tbh, surprising from Anasta/Gasnier).

3. Ricky - Bahahahaha. Talk about a failure as a coach. Road the coat-tails of someone else's hard work at the Chooks, then ground every other club he has steered deep into the ground.
Last edited by yourhero on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
mattstormy wrote:A few points out of this game:

Well said mate.

1. Bill is my all time favourite player and he deserves to play the game for as long as he feels that he can. An out and out legend of our club and game. However, long term the club cannot afford to lose a player like Cameron Munster. If they can make it work, potentially a system similar to Minichello/RTS... but I don't know know. That only worked because RTS is big/strong enough to play wing cocomprehensively. And whilst I have a huge rap on Munster, he doesn't fit that same mould. Something needs to happen though, or we lose Munster. Plain and simple.

2. Enjoy all three of those guys calling the game/s. Braith and Gaz give our club much respect and applause, Vossy is more hot and cold. All three through have solid insight (tbh, surprising from Anasta/Gasnier).

3. Ricky - Bahahahaha. Talk about a failure as a coach. Road the coat-tails of someone else's hard work at the Chooks, then ground every other club he has steered deep into the ground.

Agree with point one but if billy wants 3 years and finishes in 2018 they could convince cam to stick it out maybe play 5/8 till bill retires...I get the feeling bill would do anything for the storm and knows cam is the future
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In Stickys defence, at least he wasn't moaning about how his roster is the drizzling shits.... imagine being a Raiders player and hear him week in, week out say they need better players/more rep players to compete. .

Vossy is #1 announcer of all time as far as I'm concerned. .... travesty he was axed in the first place!

And +1 to backing Billy - I do agree Munster is too good to lose. .. but if Billy says he can still go - then he can still go! I'm sure he'll know when he can't keep up anymore. .. and I'm confident he'd retire if that were the case.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If letting Slater leave at the end of the season because of Munster, isn't a serious discussion by the club, then I really don't have much faith in them moving forward. Giving Smith a 4 year/$4 million+ deal is one thing, but giving Slater big money while we have a much younger/cheaper option already in house, is highly questionable.
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

few points per this thread:

1. Ricky Stuart is an absolute kn0b... to say they were the better team is pathetic... Canberra were the better team in the first half purely because we played so bad. The second half it was all storm... the raiders were let down by Blake Austin and Sam Williams as they didn't have the ability to win the game... Cameron Smith schooled them on how to control the game and Win it.

2. Cronk is not playing well because he is injured... not because he is losing touch with the game... the one thing i am disappointed in is how when our halfback got hit late twice we had no one that looked to put a shot on the guys that dog shot cooper... we are missing one enforcer to wack the sh*t out of the opposition who steps out of line... lets think back to brett white who smashed ben ross that time when he hit cooper late... we need that.. not necessarily a thug to punch people but someone that will not take crap from anyone... i can see next week against the roosters that they will be hitting cronk late again... hope our forward pack stands up.

3. too many times on the weekend did we go to cooper for the last play option and cooper stuffed up.. we need to utilize green alot more on the 5th tackle...

4. Has Dayne Weston been reading our threads ? he has really lifted his game... he had some good runs and some good contact in defence.. and i had no idea he had some foot work.. his late stepping at the line really got him to poke his nose through and get a quick play the ball.. he is no Jesse.. but im pleased with how he is going atm...
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

oh and 5.

Munster has a good game and you are talking about letting Billy go... wow.. how quick you all are to turn on one of your own.. Billy is in the same class as Darren lockyer and will finish on the same level as him... slater is still a gun and was carving until last round when he was injured... the amount of work he does off the ball is what makes him such a good player... so i suggest you all chose your words wisely when it comes to saying he will be over the hill... minichello played one season too many and i cant see the same happening to Billy.. so ease up.... plus munster is contracted to 2017... they will phase him into the team in someway or another.. so chill everyone please !