Rd 6 @ Canberra

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good win we managed to tough it out. Green and Bromwich were great. Munster did what most of us thought he would. Cant agree about Weston in gets two runs a game he doesn't go looking for hit ups when he is on the field. He plays 15 minutes a game and touches the ball twice he cant be tired. I just think we have better options to play those minutes in our squad.
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

look at our bench... Hinchy plays good minutes, so does glasby and so does felise.... bromich is playing big minutes as our starting prop so thats why weston plays such small minutes... bromich is too good to be kept off the field.. having weston come in for a short spell works well.. especially how well he went on the weekend...
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Weston was average again against the Raiders, as he has been all season.
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i was on the dayne weston back to park footy band wagon but im first to jump off when i know he has gone alright... do yourself a favour watch the game again and see his runs towards the back end of the game... they put us on the front foot when we needed it...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormdog wrote:Has Dayne Weston been reading our threads ? he has really lifted his game... he had some good runs and some good contact in defence.. and i had no idea he had some foot work.. his late stepping at the line really got him to poke his nose through and get a quick play the ball.. he is no Jesse.. but im pleased with how he is going atm...
Yeah, his two runs for 25 metres was enormous...

Weston, whilst most likely a great guy, is not offering anything from our bench. NAS please.