Rd 3 vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Tonumaipea has been good in the first half.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mann and Green have been good too.
lima lima lima duck I hate Paul gallen.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our left edge has a great first half.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Few thoughts...loving it so far - Green is here to stay, seems to be fitting in to the structure really well....anyone else notice a couple of new set plays? Obviously plenty of work is going on there (plus some twists on existing plays..) And i don't think he's stifling Coopz, i just think Cooper doesn't have to do as much..

Is it just me - or is Mann the second coming of Steve Bell?? Especially early Bell.....he's holding the ball for too long, and he has MK5 always lurking....i know it's been said before - but seriously, why not give him the ball when there's space?? He's deadly without any room~! :/ Pass it Kurt!

Tohu, immense as always, well deserved double thus far.... J-Macs' run had me thinking we had a massive winger or something....showed some pace there!

The commentators seemed to forget that backslamming someone is as illegal as a shoulder charge....definitely a penalty - and if Mann stayed down, we would've had another for the lifting tackle...

Also on penalties - are we really that bad?? Or was there a stretch of BS calls there??
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

good pass Kurt! :)
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

MK5 is dangerous....this is not in question....but dangerous tackle?? That'll do me...
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It's Round 3, why is Cronk getting a 10 minute rest? We should have put 50 on this bunch of glorified thugs.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Green very good in both attack and defence. Mann good in defence and willing in attack but does need to pass more.

MK5 magnificent again. Speaking of MK5, penalty against him was a joke and what about Barba's feet / knees when MK5 scored. If Billy was in the same situation he would have been hung drawn and quartered. Nothing mentioned about it.

Harris destroyed Barba, played very well.

Jury still out on Weston and Kaufusi (although he is young).
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Definitely should have been a bigger win.....Badger didn't help (has to be the worst ref going) But good win regardless...

For mine, Tohu, MK5 and Green had awesome games....triple MoTM?? If i had to pick one, Tohu for sure....even his runs from a standing start were devastating!! Loved how Koromania ran wild - all the way to the final whistle....epic! And as i said, Green has arrived (if not last week, definitely this week!) might well be the missing link!

I heard Weston run his mouth as the Sharks started to get grubby (can't blame him....but not really needed) But he's a big body that can bend the line from what i've seen (still limited..) But it's probably hard to find time with the pack we have right now..... And Felise has a great offload on him...it's almost Kearney-like, the way he's always searching for a second phase play as he hits the line - He could be really good in the future, can see why he's getting the nod

Only a few silly errors - nothing horrendous though..
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Loving Green. Obviously playing well within our structures and is doing a great job defensively there. Much more confident in his defence than Roberts/Hampton/Widdop before him.

I've been a solid Tonumaipea fan but he made a couple of poor defensive decisions that we were lucky to cover... If you come in field off the wing, you have to make it stick. One area Waqa was brilliant in.

After last weeks effort by Maxwell, I don't want to harp on the refereeing issue again... but FMD, sending the Chambers try upstairs as no-try!???? Just like Maxwell with Green's try last week, that is f*cking unbelievable. Penalising Korobiete for making a perfectly legitimate tackle (AND they reviewed it) wasn't far behind.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bellamy can that please be the end of of the Weston experiment. Has never bent the line and never will. Time for NAS to get a crack. Last 20 mins was ordinary. Should have smashed them. For and against is so important in this tight competition. Still not sold on Mann.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here is what I just cannot accept about tonight: Ennis stood offside behind and just to the side of one of our markers on nearly every set - thus limiting our ability to move sideways to tackle and often throwing an elbow for good measure, yet I do not think he got penalised once. Come on! Penalise him, it was not accidental!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:Here is what I just cannot accept about tonight: Ennis stood offside behind and just to the side of one of our markers on nearly every set - thus limiting our ability to move sideways to tackle and often throwing an elbow for good measure, yet I do not think he got penalised once. Come on! Penalise him, it was not accidental!
Ennis is a *lima lima lima duck*.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Well I was impressed. I think that green and MK5 and DF are awesome buys and will offer abit more x factor which we have sadly missed recently. I think Proctor needs to inject him self more in Attack and Defence. Always has the worst figures out of all our forwards but then its always been like that with KP but he can find a hole. But I think this team has the ablity to really shake.things up and have a real red hot crack at the title .. I know its early but we smashed them tonight. Score board didn't reflect the game cos the Refs always seem to try and help our opponents keep in touch. But I saw Mr B in the box spraying the glass... which is a good sign he is up for this year as well.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We totally dominated Gallen tonight, he looked like he didn't want to hit the ball up for a while there, throwing nothing passes and hanging back.